Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried playing some videos file from usb, bypassing the error regarding cant play videos while car in motion... cool but still it's risky (I just tried)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey did you see the dash cam of the 13 people killed.. minutes before the accident.. He (Truck) was waving all over the road...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yup. A kid in the US just killed 13 people in a head in collision caused by distracted driving. He said he was 'sorry'.
Prayers out to all those lovely people who perished due to a 20 year old kid not paying attention. Of course he lived and is "sorry". I have a feeling he will be very sorry for a long time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
How about you be a RESPONSIBLE ADULT and don't do this and better yet DON"T post how to do this if you know how. I don't think ANY of us want to hear about a CRV owner killing anyone while playing games on their touch screen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about you be a RESPONSIBLE ADULT and don't do this and better yet DON"T post how to do this if you know how.
+1 Couldn't agree more. As a motorcyclist I have enough to watch out for with all of the texting and dialing instead of driving. I've also seen too many idiots watching streaming movies on their phones while doing 80+ MPH. Do we really need more idiots upgrading to the "big screen" on the dash? Please, have some respect for the lives of your fellow motorists! Thank you.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
While it would be nice for my passengers to watch a movie, the liability would be too great. A little forensic work could easily discover a video playing during a crash.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017 On a CRV AWD Touring is it possible to play a movie video out of a USB on the CRV screen while the vehicle is in stop mode?

·
Registered
430 Posts
On a CRV AWD Touring is it possible to play a movie video out of a USB on the CRV screen while the vehicle is in stop mode?
You can watch MP4 video files on your USB drive using the gallery app on the head unit. Video and audio only works while parked, once you drive only the audio portion of the file will continue.

I haven't tried it, but I read you can watch YouTube through the browser if you have Wi-Fi connected to the head unit, again only while parked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if we can stream Netflix while parked?? I just traded my '16 HRV which had a HDMI port and loved using Netflix while parked
I have not figured this out yet ....

Thanks,
-Ed

2017 CRV Touring
Molten Lava

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can watch MP4 video files on your USB drive using the gallery app on the head unit. Video and audio only works while parked, once you drive only the audio portion of the file will continue.

I haven't tried it, but I read you can watch YouTube through the browser if you have Wi

It is super nice. One can park his CRV next to McDonald, etc which offers Wi Fi and play all kind of good stuff on his CRV' Navi screen. Thanks Honda Inc. mgmt and engineers millions of times. I myself made a more than perfect reason to buy a 2017 CRV AWD Touring a month ago. Wow ! Honda vehicles and tools are best on earth. I have been owning more than 20 Honda vehicles and equipment in the last 5 decades. Wow. We can travel everywhere with our CRV with "its sips of gasoline".

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does anyone know if we can stream Netflix while parked?? I just traded my '16 HRV which had a HDMI port and loved using Netflix while parked
I have not figured this out yet ....

Thanks,
-Ed

2017 CRV Touring
Molten Lava
If the head unit browser supports html5, it should work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How about you be a RESPONSIBLE ADULT and don't do this and better yet DON"T post how to do this if you know how. I don't think ANY of us want to hear about a CRV owner killing anyone while playing games on their touch screen.
HEY!!! did I post the trick how to bypass???!!!!! Can you understand my post? I JUST TRIED IF THE TRICKS WORKS!!! I KNOW IT'S TOO RISKY Thats why I did not give any instruction on how to do it....
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts