Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '15 CR-V today on a 4WD designated wilderness forest road an hour and a half out of Vancouver and I must say I was very impressed with how it performed. The V is a very capable little crossover. We drove on the Levette Lake forest road which is a steep 5 or so KM road, part gravel but at some sections steep and very rocky. The V handled it like a champ. I felt very much in control the whole time, never doubted the ability to do any of the ascents I faced today. I really felt the AWD work hard along with the traction control which got me through some of the hairy parts of the trail. Also, surprisingly I never bottomed out going up or down the road. When we got to the top, the other vehicles there consisted mostly of off-road pickups, a Jeep Cherokee, an X5 and my V.

While I wouldn't try doing trails much harder than the one I went through today, I was very impressed at how capable this vehicle was. Just don't try crawling through boulders I guess, leave that to the Wranglers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's awesome! i've got just the AWD EX but hope to one day use it to its fullest potential instead of just on paved city roads.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thanks for the trip report !! Encouraging to see the vehicle can handle moderate adversity !! As if I need to tell you, you sure live in a beautiful slice of the World !! Craig

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun...good for you...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Arvi604 ..... Great photos of your CR-V and the scenic shot is beautiful. Is that your Lab in the foreground? Thanks for sharing your pictures and trip report! Cheers! Jimbob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts