Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts
I like it. But looks off when the halogen bulbs arent 5000k matching as well. I would of gone that route for my DRL but now I just use my fog lights as DRL.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That was just a Photoshop montage :) Was trying to get an idea of how it would look.

To wire up as DRL, you would feed the high beam from the fuse box (on any ACC ON Fuse slot). This way it will be ON as soon as the ACC switch is ON. It will go to 50% brightness by connecting a wire on the Triton box to the Headlight wire. When it senses power it knows the headlights are on, and hence the white light on the Triton should dim to 50%.

You pull the #21 fuse on the inner fusebox to disable the OEM DRL and then when your lights are OFF< the only light you will see is the bright white triton LED light as DRL.

how do you wire them up as DRL's?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. Can you send me a link to the ones you purchased please?
Are they bright enough during the day for DRL use?

Do you get hyperflash? Or did you wire a resistor?

Mine turn amber as well. Can be wired to dim when lights are on at night.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I like that look. Let us know how it goes when you get them in and more details on installing would be great. You already lost me on the "To wire up as DRL, you would feed the high beam from the fuse box (on any ACC on Fuse slot)."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice. Can you send me a link to the ones you purchased please?
Are they bright enough during the day for DRL use?

Do you get hyperflash? Or did you wire a resistor?

Mine turn amber as well. Can be wired to dim when lights are on at night.
super bright, I use them as a DRL, a resistor is needed if not they will flash too fast when turning amber. I got them from a local guy when replaced all the interior lights for LED's.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you ever get a chance, can you pull one out of the socket and take a picture with your phone? I'd be able to tell what exact kind it is. Thanks!

super bright, I use them as a DRL, a resistor is needed if not they will flash too fast when turning amber. I got them from a local guy when replaced all the interior lights for LED's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts