Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 that I am having problems with, it wont exceed the mph of 25. It will start up just fine and I can move around the yard, driveway and what not without a problem just when I get up on the road and excelerate it cuts out after 25mph and I have no idea why? Itll have to go to the shop im sure but thought I would inquire from CRV users and see if its something else.

Just out of curiosity does the key have anything to do with it? I have three keys, two regular one valet key. When I use the valet key there is a key light that doesn't come on whereas the regular one does show some kind of key indicator on the dash

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think we need more info:

Can you get out of 1st gear?
Does it stall after 25 mph?
Does it lack power to go past 25mph?
Does it stumble when accelerating?
Is the engine missing?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

ajchien is right, the people who can help you need a lot more information. First where are you located? The models are different. If not North American, is it gas or diesel? Automatic or manual? 2WD or 4WD? Are you getting any indicator lights on the dash?

You need to give much more detail. What do you mean by it cuts out? Does the engine quit running and you have to restart?

If it were the imobilizer key problem, the engine should not start. I don't know what to make of the key indicator. I was not aware that there was a key indicator light, but I know nothing about other years.

We have some pretty sharp people here (I am not one of them), that may be able to help you, but you have to give them some info.

If you do find out what is wrong, please post back.

Again Welcome to the club, and we hope you get your problem fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something similar

I read your post about your car and it sounds very similar to what happened to my 2003 back in '04. My car would jerk when i pressed the gas and the break. My foot was on the floor and it would not go past 25 mph. It was rough idling sometimes to the point where it would die and I would have to restart it. The problem was my throttle body. Not once, not twice but six (yes 6) times in one year it was replaced.

On another note the two dealerships ( being a college student I traveled back home often) were the biggest pains ever. They kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with my car and that I was just imagining it.

I wish you good luck in figuring out what is wrong with your car. I wish you the best of luck dealing with the dealership!

And if it does turn out to be your throttle body would you mind doing me the favor of reporting the problem???

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts