Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been interested in starting a retrofit for a while and finally decided to get the ball rollin'. I contacted The Retrofit Source and got a reply from Andrew. Basically we would need a minimum of 20 orders of a Stage 3 kit before anyone would even be billed/shipped a product. The discount would be 25% off. I was hoping to get a head count just to see if this would be a possible idea.

Here is the reply I got from Andrew:

"Hi Dario

Thanks for your inquiry and patience waiting on a response here. We can definitely entertain a Group Buy. We normally would do 25% off of Stage III kits if you purchase 20. All 20 would need to place their order before any ship out.

Please let us know what you think about this setup.

Thanks again Dario!

Andrew @ TRS"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can't participate as I already have my 2012 retrofitted with FX-R 3 setup but can vouch for TRS.

Good luck with the group buy. Judging by all the headlight threads, not many people understand how much of a difference a proper HID system makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
So we can choose any stage III Bi-Xenon kit, shrouds, bulbs, ballasts and get 25% off? If so count me in. I may buy 2 actually.

Did my 1st TSX retro back in 06 so I'm not new to this. Just a new vehicle I want to upgrade lighting in is all. More people need to look into this as it's probably the best single mod you can do if you drive at night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So we can choose any stage III Bi-Xenon kit, shrouds, bulbs, ballasts and get 25% off? If so count me in. I may buy 2 actually.
As far as I know that's the deal. And I'm trying to confirm that shipping will also be free, I'll update when I find out for sure. I contacted Andrew also to confirm how to place each order individually.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mods do you guys mind if I copy this post in other portions of the forum to possibly get more views?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a reply back from TRS today and they said that we can actually get other forums to join in on the deal but they would instead require a minimum of 25 people to order. So please spread the word and update this thread, thanks!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I may be interested in this. I am actually actively engaged with the good folks at HID Illusionz for a complete retrofit, and they normally provide the kits. I am now wondering if I wouldn't be better off buying the kit myself through group by and then have them do the install.

CyC: Do you have any pictures or information on your particular install? What happened with the daylight running lights after you had HID put in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JustinTime: How soon are you hoping to do this project? So far there are only 3 of us that have mentioned any interest for a possible total of 4 kits including you. Just a heads up because I'd hate you to wait for this group buy only for it to not complete.

I believe CYC has FXRs in his projectors and using his fog lights as DRLs

·
Registered
203 Posts
CyC: Do you have any pictures or information on your particular install? What happened with the daylight running lights after you had HID put in?
DRL's basically run the halogen bulbs dimmer than normal. So it runs at a lower wattage than say when you normally have them on. In a HID setup, the HID bulbs power piggy back off a ballast unlike OEM halogen setup. So basically DRL is pointless in a HID setup. In other words, your headlights will always being running and no way to manually turn them off if you have DRL enabled. DRL will always put the ballast in "on" state *unless ignition is off state*

Hence why I have DRL disabled by the fuse so I can manually turn my headlights on and off
and I use my Fog lights (independently controlled with wiring mod) as my DRL's.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/20478-fog-lights-high-low-beams-2013-a-5.html#post135086

pictures of just Fog lights on as my DRL

In regards to HID Illusionz, I would check the price of the TRS group deal for Kit and labor cost vs complete retrofit and see which would be cheaper. Sometimes on HIDPlanet they run group buy deals

If this group buy deal applies to just only OEM bulb purchases then I am in. I would love to get a set of "D2S: OSRAM XENARC 66240"

·
Registered
704 Posts
@CyC: Thanks for the information. Let me see if I understand:
The HID Kit Ballasts connect directly to the battery. Then the OEM Honda Harness for the H4 bulb connects to the HID kit and acts as a relay input. When the kit senses voltage from the Honda H4 Harness (i.e., low beam, high beam or DRL 50% high beam) it will switch the HID on at 100%. So when you pull the DRL fuse, it will make sure that HID is on only when you have low beam or high beam, but not when you have DRL 50% signal. Correct?

Does this setup work fine with AUTO setting on the Stalk? I want to leave it on Auto, and have the HID turn on only at Night (or whenever the Auto settings decides it is too dark). NO DRL! I have a separate mod for DRL.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@nazgul - try the TRS page to locate an installer. Or visit HID Planet for their recommendations.

At this point this group buy seems to be moving at a snails pace. I went to the HID Planet forums and found a group buy that they're trying to start and got on their list as well. Although they are unsure if it will go thru d/t uncertainty of what item (kits vs individual parts) members are interested in, atleast it has more traffic and seems to have greater potential of going thru. I would suggest others here to maybe try their group buy, I simply asked and they were more than welcoming.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts