Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This repair is to address the Oil Dilution and fuel smells in cold regions. My assumption as to why this is not a recall is strictly that of liability.

From my reading on the topic, they started this in 4 very cold US states, and then expanded to 16 others. I also got the letter yesterday in Illinois. They will reprogram the Engine and transmission computers and also replace the AC controls, likely to prevent them from turning on full blast when the car is remote started. Turning the heat on full blast before the car is even warm increases the amount of time to warm up the engine and likely increases the unburnt fuel going into the crankcase.

Here is a link to the TSB

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't personally speak to the effectiveness of the TSBs since we here in NJ are not yet scheduled. Perhaps in the spring? There are other Topics regards 'THE FIX" and its effectiveness.

I haven't followed up with my sister about her '18. The oil level was fairly constant until Thanksgiving (the last time I checked).

See what happens with your cabin heat on cold days, if you get slow warm-up, have the TSBs done.

I called my local dealer after reading about the TSB and scheduled for next Wednesday. I have not seen a significant increase in oil volume but frequently smell a strong fuel odor in the car after its remote started with heat/fan on high. The car is mostly used for short trips where the car just warms up and then turned off. Hopefully this will help but as you mentioned, it's hard to know if this fixes the problem for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.