Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Going in on Thursday for this recall. Would much prefer my steering wheel assembly were not being taken apart and put back together. I asked the receptionist when making the appointment if my dealer had done any of these recalls before. She thought that was a really weird question. I told her I didn't want to be the first one completed by a tech.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
Going in on Thursday for this recall. Would much prefer my steering wheel assembly were not being taken apart and put back together. I asked the receptionist when making the appointment if my dealer had done any of these recalls before. She thought that was a really weird question. I told her I didn't want to be the first one completed by a tech.
I can understand your concern for sure. Thing is... for these sorts of repairs.... a tech must first be trained and certified for the TSB, by Honda, before they are allowed to perform it.

The most likely result is you will be waiting longer during the service then planned (as the tech assigned may be the bottle neck in the shop for a number of different repairs). I experienced this back in 2017 when my CRV was recalled for a possible fuel line leak near the fuel tank due to improper assembly at the plant, and the dealer had exactly one tech certified by Honda to perform the recall and he was being juggled back and forth on a couple of different specialized service tasks. So a 90 minute service actually ran closer to 3 hours before I got my CRV back.. and that is with an appointment and early in the day on a non-busy day at the dealers service center.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you live in a cold weather state, the tsb process is very similar to the heated steering wheel process, of which they may have installed quite a few.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Received my notice last week. Upon contacting dealership was told they didn't have to parts yet to do the repair. Said I was first in line and would be contacted as soon as parts were available. My cruise control in steering wheel was faulty and replaced earlier this year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Received my notice last week. Upon contacting dealership was told they didn't have to parts yet to do the repair. Said I was first in line and would be contacted as soon as parts were available. My cruise control in steering wheel was faulty and replaced earlier this year.
My dealer contacted me three times (two different ways), almost as if the recall was urgent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts