Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my first CRV, hybrid, and at the time they offered a product called TST which is supposed to protect your paint, keep it showroom looking. I did order it applied to my vehicle when it came in and sounds like a good product. Anyone else have this applied, experiences, work to do as it's advertised, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
1,793 Posts
Just ordered my first CRV, hybrid, and at the time they offered a product called TST which is supposed to protect your paint, keep it showroom looking. I did order it applied to my vehicle when it came in and sounds like a good product. Anyone else have this applied, experiences, work to do as it's advertised, etc.
I personally think paints are robust enough on modern cars to retain their showroom look with nothing but normal at home care. That’s been my experience with every car I’ve had in the last 10-15 years. If I were to consider anything, it would be a ceramic coating applied by a certified professional, not the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yea modern paintwork on all cars are very robust nowadays. And the sales team always like to throw in a 'paint protection ' package, however, if you want the very best for your paintwork, find a detailer that is recommended and get them to apply the ceramic coatings etc.

Now, they might seem like a lot of money for just cleaning your car, but trust me, the investment will be worth it for your paint (and interior of the car also).

Rgds
Baz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts