Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there folks. I have a 1998 crv 5spd that I'm planning to drop my fresh 400hp turbo b18c motor into. Now this is the hydrolicly actuated rear diff. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way of locking this in 4wd so there is no delay in power transfer. I want to get as close to 50/50 power distribution as I can. I realize this will screw with the abs. Even ideas would be helpful. At this time all I can really think to do is shim the clutches together. But ifim going to go that far I'd like to remove them all together.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I don't know anything about locking it, but damn I want to see your build thread on this. I'm excited!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll see if I can get a spare one in case I blow it up. Planning to start the build this spring. Will post pictures then.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There was a chap on Hondatech that locked his diff clutch and snapped his prop shaft as there was no way to correct for the different speeds of the front and rear wheels. He got around this by fitting a Landrover Freelander prop shaft using adaptors at each end to connect to the Honda flanges. The Freelander has a coupling (can't remember the proper name) in it that allows for the different speeds. He stopped posting soon after so there is no way of knowing how success full it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah was thinking that might be a problem. Going to see about a one piece aluminum with a slip yolk in one end as I have never been a fan of 2 piece when it comes to strength. Also thinking now about maybe going to a ridgeline\pilot rear end as these are electronic and just wiring up a switch. But that also comes with a whole bunch of fab work. With custom cv axels and diff mounting. Should be fun :D. Also here's a picture of my new motor I have a lightened flywheel for it now just looking for a decent clutch then in it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Is there a much difference on what the Acura Turbo RDX uses??? Not sure if it uses the SH-AWD system or not. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Difference in the awd system? Or motor? I believe it maybe the sh-awd but is at least electronically activate like the new crvs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I want to go ridgeline\pilot rear diff is because pretty sure its heavier being a v6 and bigger truck plus the ridgeline\pilot have vtm lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts