Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice my stock motor is MAP only, do I need to install a MAF in conjuncture to keep up with a turbo application? Non-VTec B20z adding a T3/T4 shooting for 6psi through I believe 2" tubing. Please & Thank you :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I integrate it into the ECU? since it does not come stock with a MAF it wouldn't be able to be plugged in; and also since the stock ECU is for NA application I'm going to have to have the fuel code reprogrammed, or should I just get a new ECU with MAF adaption and have that tuned?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've done some more research, Hondata doesn't offer systems for the CR-V and it would appear that neither do AEM or Zydene... does anyone know if I can use an ECU from a different honda on my b20z and tune that or am I forced to AFC-Hack >.<

·
Registered
276 Posts
sry have not got on here lately been busy, you can us a like a 99 integra ecu non vtec and just s300 that. just a idea. and just remember there is obd2a and obd2b just make sure the new ecu will plus into you v before doing anything to it.and i would just tune it off the map and ways ur only going to puch like 8 psi at the most right????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so like piggy-back the integra ecu to my current ecu? and thank you very much I've been stressin alot the past couple of days, I know how weak b20 cyl sleeves are, I really don't want to have to fall back on an AFC Hack.. I'm going to install a block brace and get J&S SafeGuard anti-knock to be on the safe side.. the last thing I wanna do is blow up my DD hehehe but if I do- LS conversion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sry have not got on here lately been busy, you can us a like a 99 integra ecu non vtec and just s300 that. just a idea. and just remember there is obd2a and obd2b just make sure the new ecu will plus into you v before doing anything to it.and i would just tune it off the map and ways ur only going to puch like 8 psi at the most right????
yeah, I didn't want to take it past 8 and thats through .48/54trim... can the ECU tune also tune for timing retard? or should I go MSD? :D and I answered my own question about the MAF >.< sorry for all the questions, I just don't want a ghetto rig turbo system hehe especially since I'm taking the motor from NA to FI and there really doesn't seem to be much information available on the webspace for CR-V turbo conversion, and when I saw Hondata doesn't support CR-V my heart sank

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it seems that 99 integra's only have obd2a, 99-00 civic and 00-01 integra have obd2b... I'm guessing that's the ecu your talking about? P-72

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
word :) you guys have been very helpful and sorry some of my first posts I answered my own questions through researching which I should have done before I asked you guys, however through my look through the introweb I have still been unable to discern whether or not I need to wire in a MAF for my turbo setup, I know the stock honda MAP sensor is good to 10-11 ish psi before it will throw a code, I'm not going over that and if I do in the future it will be with a 2/3bar MAP but do I need to wire in a MAF? Please and thank you? :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts