Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2019 CRV EX.
I have the option for navigation in the instrument cluster, and i have my android phone connected with android auto.
I have directions going with google maps, and it shows it on android auto just fine, but when i go into the instrument cluster is says "Turn by Turn Waiting for Smartphone"
Anyone know what i can do to get this going?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
So no directions or map in the instrument cluster? Just the main display?
Out of interest which phone/software version?

·
Registered
599 Posts
The Turn by Turn IP display can be affected by Release combinations of : Android, AndroidAuto, Maps, Waze.

The below from Page 325 of the owner's manual may help:
You can use the method below to change Android
AutoTM settings after you have completed the initial
setup:
Select HOME -> Settings -> Smartphone ->
Android Auto

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 2019 CRV EX.
I have the option for navigation in the instrument cluster, and i have my android phone connected with android auto.
I have directions going with google maps, and it shows it on android auto just fine, but when i go into the instrument cluster is says "Turn by Turn Waiting for Smartphone"
Anyone know what i can do to get this going?
I have a 2018 CRV EX and the exact same thing has happened to me. I have yet to hear of a solution.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It has been almost 2 years since my initial AndroidAuto hookup but the contents of this video look familiar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMS4RiGhzUE
About a minute in is an important part.

I have never had to touch the (Display/Information) Button. When I am about a half a mile from the next turn, the arrow with a distance countdown appears in the instrument panel. The distance counts down and when I make the turn, the instrument panel goes back to displaying what was there before the turn approached.
Now there have been times when that didn’t happen due to an app update. Usually Waze gets goofed up, sometimes Maps but one or the other has always displayed in the instrument panel. Usually the next update of the app will fix the problem.

I have never rebooted my HU.

Happy New Year!
:party:

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD, Built in Ohio.
231 Posts
I once had mine lock up before. Rebooting the HU is easy. Press and hold the volume knob. Hit yes or reboot when prompted.

Cool side note if you disconnect the phone after the mapping does the directions it will continue telling you where to turn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here, Android auto Google maps not showing turn by turn notifications either in the information display or the head up display. I remember it did when I had got the car new last month. Perhaps the app needs an update. Google play music is not so good, in the past you could add VLC to Android auto, but not any more. There is also a difference in sound quality when music source is USB, USB sounds much better as compared to Android auto or Bluetooth audio.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here. I have the 2018 EX and according to a post I saw on a Google forum pertaining to Android auto, they said the most recent Google Maps update somehow broke the turn by turn feature. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Google fixes this. It was a super handy feature when it was working.

Unfortunately, the post I was referring to says the webpage no longer exists. I hope Google isn't doing away with this feature permanently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem too; it was due to a Google Maps update back in December. I found that reverting Google Maps to the factory version on my phone brings back the turn by turn directions in my instrument cluster.

To do this, I went into the App Info screen of Google Maps app by long pressing the app icon, tapped the three dots in the upper right corner, and tapped "Uninstall updates". This was on a Pixel XL - your menus might look slightly different. Give it a shot!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
Seen the same Google Android loss elsewhere. There is an update to android that cures it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem too; it was due to a Google Maps update back in December. I found that reverting Google Maps to the factory version on my phone brings back the turn by turn directions in my instrument cluster.

To do this, I went into the App Info screen of Google Maps app by long pressing the app icon, tapped the three dots in the upper right corner, and tapped "Uninstall updates". This was on a Pixel XL - your menus might look slightly different. Give it a shot!
It worked! Thanks so much for the information.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Didn't have to uninstall updates.

Funny thing... Today I decided to go to my phone's Google Maps app and cleared the Cache. Now Turn by Turn is showing on the dash as normal. Not sure why clearing the Cache worked this time but I'm glad to have that second display back.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Didn't have to uninstall updates.

Funny thing... Today I decided to go to my phone's Google Maps app and cleared the Cache. Now Turn by Turn is showing on the dash as normal. Not sure why clearing the Cache worked this time but I'm glad to have that second display back.

This is good info. This problem is a Google maps issue across many cars and the Google maps beta reportedly fixes it. Now maybe just clearing cache.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.