Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother drives a 2012 CR-V AWD, which she bought from CarMax a couple of years ago. She's very happy with the vehicle, but recently she noticed that when using turn signals, the clicking sound coming from the gauge cluster is barely audible. She lives ten hours away from me, so I can't verify with my own ears how loud it clicks, and whether it ever was clicking louder in the first place. I used to have an Acura MDX, and I remember thinking that turn signal clicker was much quieter than most other cars I've driven. That Acura over had 200K on the odometer when I bought it, so I never knew what it was like brand new (it rolled over 300K recently, as one of my kids is still driving it).

I've done some research into this, and there doesn't appear to be an actual relay anymore. Besides, the turn signals still function, and all bulbs are intact. What's the deal here? Are turn signals clicking more quietly in Honda vehicles? Or is something broken, and something can be done to make them louder again?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine are very quite also, 2014 year. But then I am also older. If there is no road noise then I hear them, but if the road noise is up I just check the dash. After you get use to where the blinking light is it's quick to spot.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My sister-in-law (70s) was shocked to find that she could hear the turn signals clicking in her 2014 Accord on the way home from picking up her first hearing aids. Might be time for a hearing check.

·
Registered
756 Posts
2010 model year: I am young (65) with perfect hearing. I would also like the clicking to be quite a bit louder; to hear it well with traffic noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. Sounds like this may be a combination of her age (she is 65) and Honda turn signals being more quiet than other car makers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts