Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 CRV and just bought the Honda tweeter kit from H and A. I followed the directions, and had an easy time with the install - nothing to it...however, I get zero sound from the tweeters. What am I missing? The stereo works exactly as it did before adding them. I'm a forum member, but do not frequent it. If you have a suggestion, please email me [email protected] Thanks in advance, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Silly question time. Did you disconnect the battery before you started? I have seen before when someone hooked something up to the audio system and the head unit didnlt recognize the added piece until the battery was disconnected and reconnected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silly question time. Did you disconnect the battery before you started? I have seen before when someone hooked something up to the audio system and the head unit didnlt recognize the added piece until the battery was disconnected and reconnected.
Yes I did that. I actually disconnected it again and waited...thinking the same as you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went back and read the install instructions and it looks straight forward. The only thing i can think of is to go back and re-check all your connections to make sure nothing came loose and everything is connected properly.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/02CRVTWEETER.pdf
It's almost impossible to screw the installation up...as you probably saw in the directions. The only thing I can figure is the tweeters are so selective in the high frequencies...they really don't add that much overall - probably a wasted effort on a factory system. Live and learn, I guess. Thanks for taking a look.
Mark

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
It's almost impossible to screw the installation up...as you probably saw in the directions. The only thing I can figure is the tweeters are so selective in the high frequencies...they really don't add that much overall - probably a wasted effort on a factory system. Live and learn, I guess. Thanks for taking a look.
Mark

I have them in my Element and don't really notice them....have you tried playing with the settings on the radio?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have them in my Element and don't really notice them....have you tried playing with the settings on the radio?
Yeah, I tried changing the settings, boosting the treble, etc. I have an NSX to which I added door tweeters and it made a big difference. I guess I expected a bit too much.

It's my girlfriends CRV and I gave her the tweeters and installed the factory keyless system for x-mas...she loves the keyless remote, but like me - really can't hear much difference in the stereo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts