Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts
To me if you are planing on a 2020 hybrid and get the touring with the low profile 19" tires take a look at the price and when they go flat its quick and see how many back road tire stores will have them. N o, I'm old fashion and want a spare, once Honda see they will loose sale over a bad decision they will go back to them. If they don't I'll buy one that will, like Toyota .....

To me if you are planing on a 2020 hybrid and get the touring with the low profile 19" tires take a look at the price and when they go flat its quick and see how many back road tire stores will have them. N o, I'm old fashion and want a spare, once Honda see they will loose sale over a bad decision they will go back to them. If they don't I'll buy one that will, like Toyota .....
Get used to it.
Getting rid of spare tires is not a decision Honda made all by itself.
ALL manufacturers are deleting them due to weigh and space considerations.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Whoa, people, enough "in fighting". I withdrawal my original post, could have probably been better worded with that insurance thingie.

Just wanted to state, glad I had those two spare tires many years ago (and they were REAL spares not before, well, you know ...)

You are right about the more exotic tires..... but wrong about the removal of spare tires.

More and more manufacturers are eliminating the spare and either installing run-flat OEM tires (on more premium brands, due to cost) or a flat/inflator kit. In the long run.. you will have literally nowhere to go, brand wise, to insure you have an actual spare.

I don't agree with the approach by the manufacturers and I have told Honda so in peroidic survey feedback, but I do understand why they are going that route. Personally, the absence of a spare is not going to make me switch brands... that is just silly. What I will do though is buy a compact spare and put it in my cargo hold. Other owners may not care.. and won't do anything.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.