Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - new to the forum, not to the CR-V. I bought my first in 2010, after my 2000 Subaru Forester finally succumbed to transmission issues, a used 2006 CR-V with 86k miles on it (heated leather, moonroof - all the goods). Found out after taking it home that it had the dreaded torque shudder, and after lots of bickering with the dealership, ended up "stuck" with it. A bottle of Lucas Oil later, and the shudder was gone, only to be replaced years later by a whistling coming from the small 3rd gear clutch pack. My transmission shop wanted no part of it (in a good way), and told me it worked well enough and wasn't worth fixing unless the transmission completely went.

Nine years and another 85k miles later, I broke down two weeks ago after my second a/c compressor failed, and took the main drive belt with it (that belt had it coming, too, having never been replaced since I owned it!). I decided it was probably time to move on from my beloved '06, so I just traded it in for a 2014 CR-V with 35k miles on it. Outside of the clutch pack whistle, there wasn't much else wrong with the old '06 (the normal windshield cowl leak that I had sealed up notwithstanding), but it was definitely headed toward a wheel bearing replacement at a minimum. I'm expecting to feel regret for getting rid of my old reliable '06, especially having heard some tales about the '14 model, so I'm expecting to be roasted for trading one in for the other.

Anyways, it's good to find a community of people who are CR-V fans and who I can refer to with issues & questions.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,964 Posts
Welcome... and grats on your new CRV. Big change from the 06 to the 14, eh? :)

Every generation seems to have it's own quirks and common defect points.... so you just kind of have to roll along with it and adapt. The only downside is you knew the 06 well... and now you have to learn the 14 and any design eccentricities it may have.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Having myself upgraded from a 2006 EX 5 speed manual to a new 2014 EX the only regret I have is going from a manual to an automatic.

I have had no problems with my 2014, which has basically the same 2.4L engine as the 2006 and has multi-point fuel injection, and a 5 speed automatic transmission.
The 2015's is where things changed. The engines when to direct fuel injection and CVT transmissions.

·
Registered
522 Posts
We have had a 2014 for several years now and haven't had any problems either. She is a great vehicle and has 38,000 driven miles on her, and about 12,000 miles being towed behind the motorhome.

BTW, her average MPG is 24.8 based on the 38,000 miles.

Reactions: CR-Vincent

·
Registered
981 Posts
Welcome!

Our '14 was finicky about tire pressure so I purchased a good gauge and hardly ever had a TPMS indicator light (that is after I set my tire pressures correctly).

Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts