Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says i would like to know what 5 speed transmissions will work in the 2002-2006 honda crv. does the transfer case hookup directly to the tranny or is it separate? I have been searching google for a while and cannot seem to find the answers im looking for.. will the JDM HONDA DC5 / RSX TYPE R K20A transmission work?

·
Registered
486 Posts
correct, if you have an AWD, for obvious reasons you will loose that function, now there are ways around it. You can get the gearing which I believe it is what you are after.

for this I would get in contact with BC Performance based out of Nevada. They seem to have perfected AWD with JDM K20/R and S gear ratios

added notes: the K series EXCLUDING EARTH DREAMS AND K23, all mate up to each other (trans and motors interchange)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Tell the guys over at the EOC that. One of our members also converted his CRV over to a 6-speed.

I can't direct you to on any links from my tablet. But if you Google honda element 6 speed conversion It will come up.
On the Element sites they even give a list of all the parts needed and even a step by step write up.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts