Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2.2 diesel CR-V Sport(2006 model) and as I venture into the forest fairly regularly I wanted to buy a tyre that would be best all-rounder as I don't want to change wheels each time as I will not do a huge annual mileage to justify it.

The Grabber AT's seem to get a great write up but who's got them on their CR-V? Any advice or views?

Regards
Tob Vtec

Meant to say I live in remote(ish) part of SCOTLAND.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have an 06 EX and I just ordered a set of 5 General Grabber ATs to replace my Yokohama Geolanders. The reasons I choose those over another set of Yokos, Pirelli Scorpions, Dueler ATs or Firestone Destinations is because they have a more aggressive tread, a very attractive price tag, and are rated for 60K while the others are all rated for 10-20K less.
I haven't gotten them on yet, but obviously I thought they were the best choice. Not sure if Discount Tire ships that far, but he quoted me a great price for the set!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good to know "irwinje" as I had a Pajero beforehand with real big chunkies and a Honda Accord with road tyres so the CRV was a compromise and I asked local garage to get me a price. Grabbers must be popular (I thought) because they seem to be out of stock in several outlets so maybe with this poor weather Englandshire has had they've bought them all up.:rolleyes:

Hope you are happy, I've read a few reviews and I spoke to a mechanic who reckons lots of the locals here have them on their trucks etc.

Regards

·
Registered
246 Posts
They are on back order here in the States as well (at least in the mid-west) I was considering the HTSs too, but they didn't seem as capable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts