Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Curt Class III and tow a Uhaul trailer? I want to rent the motorcycle trailer and I am thinking I should get the two inch drop ball mount?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not sure a drop is necessary. My CRV (with a Draw-Tite Class III) tows my small flatbed trailer at the correct angle with a regular straight ball mount -- don't think a U-Haul would be much different.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Anyone have a Curt Class III and tow a Uhaul trailer? I want to rent the motorcycle trailer and I am thinking I should get the two inch drop ball mount?
Best to call Uhaul and ask what is the suggested ball hight for the specific trailer you intend to rent or let them set you up with the correct ball mount when you pick up the trailer. Even though you could get away with a one size ball mount fits all approach it is better to match the mount to the trailer or at least to the trailer you intend to use most.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, you don't want the tongue pointing up. Near level/slightly down is better, and with around 10% of the weight on the tongue (helps with tracking and bucking)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Late to the game here, but Uhaul wants a ball height of 18" typically, and a 1-7/8" or 2" ball will work. 60% of the weight should be in front of the trailer axle or you will have a hard time controlling the trailer.
Former Uhaul employee of 3.5 years, and in the camper industry for 3 years before that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts