Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Honda CR-V EXEC which comes with the integrated Sat Nav (it has a CD drive and DVD drive behind the unit for the Navigation Disc).

Honda were going to try and provide an iPOD kit for it, however they said you can't get one for that model.

The Unit is an Alpine Head Unit which I have attached an image off.

I have found a link on ebay to a kit that may work with my stereo...I'll post the item number as I'm not sure if URL's are allowed. ! (UK ebay)

Item Number : 160262391498

My question is, does anyone have this kit fitted, or are they aware of another kit that would work? I basically want to have iPOD functionality...where it can charge up whilst driving. If I can control track selection etc. through stereo that would be good, but not essential.

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I have recently purchased the XCARLINK from Ebay, found it cheaper getting it shipped from the US - Buy It Now price £54 inc P&P.

Specs are here iPod CD changer adapter, VW iPod, Music Link, xCarLink .

easy to fit follow Car Stereo Fitting | Car Stereo Removal | Remove Car Stereo Advice | Fit Car Stereo Help for fitting, excellent website!

Also useful is http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/02CRVCHANGER.pdf. Anyway comes recommended especially if you can get it for less than £50.

I have had problems getting the changer to recognise folder formats so that the steering controls will work to skip tracks etc. but I happy with using my MP3 to change tracks (whilst not driving of course)!

Store the main MP3 unit in my glove box (cut a hole out of the back of it) and cables rund behind the dash into the multichanger socket. Will take about 30 mins and most tricky bit is getting the cover off around the head unit. It is clipped on as explained in above websites.

Good luck and let me know if you get the folder structure sorted on your IPOD?;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me...looks straight forward enough to fit.

Did you have to drill any holes for the ipod cable, or is there somewhere you can pass them out?

Do you know if the Stereo has an Alarm Code, as I'm not sure if there was one in my documentation...don't want to loose functionality if I disconnect the power !

Oh - and is there plenty of room for the kit behind the stereo...I had hells own job trying to fit the Connect kit on my Audi A3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to cut a sqare hole in the back of my glove box to pass DIN plug for head unit through, but you may not want to mount thr Xcarlink unit in your glove box, the choice is yours?

I orginally wanted to take the rectangular panel out at the back of the can chiller unit but seemed to be glued - anyone have any ideas what this rectanguler cover is for (at the back of the can chiller)?

There will be a security code for the radio but rightly or wrongly I plugged it in with the battery still connected (with key out of ignition) so did not loose power to the head unit.

You will retract the head unit out of the dash (removing the 4 screws) and there is plenty of room so no worries about space problems, just pull the head unit out leaving all other cables connected.

Was easy even for a novice like me!

Good luck and let me know how you get on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me...

I think I'm going to go for this one :

eBay Motors: 2005-2006 HONDA CRV DIRECT iPOD + AUX W/ TEXT-LV5 (item 150229819254 end time Jul-23-08 21:00:49 PDT)

And hopefully take a shot at fixing it myself. Not sure how I'll manage to run the cable down behind the glove box, I'm hoping there is plenty of access once the stereo is out...is it just a case of dangling the cable and fishing !?

In the meantime...if anyone was aware of something that would let me integrate Bluetooth with the current stereo (i.e. tracks fading out etc) that would be great...then I could use my iphone in the car too !

Cheers,
Brett

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi folks,
Just stumbled across this tread, my wife has an 2004 UK CRV with the same Sat Nav and wnats to connect here Iphone, I assum the Xcae rlink will, work.

Does it also have a two way switch so that the CD changer can be retained?

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts