Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks first time owner and DIYer of a CRV just doing a few repairs and had the inner cv boot split on passenger side incorperating the intermediate driveshaft. Managed to split the 2 shaft but got a new shaft anyway. Put new seals on transmission and new bearing and seal on inter shaft.
Big problem is tried to line up the bracket with shaft in transmission but upper hole of the 3 for mounting bracket is about a 1cm away from the whole on block tried to move it to fit but wont have it, then all shaft goes out of shape and puts force on all seals and transmission and wont turn .......somethings wrong
Anyone got any ideas or come acroos this before, only worry i have is that the engine is twisted due to impact as it was a cat c writeoff could the engine have moved?? at a loss
Look forward to your replys
Many Thanks
Paul 2015-11-25 13.31.57.jpg

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
1st of all welcome to the forum! You mentioned that you replaced the whole axle. When you took out the old axle out did you measured or compared it with the new one. It could be they gave you the wrong shaft. The tranny could not have moved as the bell housing is bolted to the tranny. The only thing I could think of is that the parts person gave you the wrong part. Let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Otto thanks for your reply, sorry a little clearer story........
i removed all necessarry to take out old driveshaft as inner cv boot had gone and all grease had come out wearing out the joint....
i couldnt then seperate the DS from the inter DS so i unbolted the bracket and removed altogether.....
i then seperated both apart and proceded to fit a new bearing and seal to the bracket holding inter DS and a new tranny seal...
Done all this so now to fit back together....slid inter ds back into tranny as far as to go and the bracket holes lined up with the holes on the block but instaed of laying flat against the holes the shaft and the bracket were now about a cm away from each other... i could get the bolts in but if i tightened them up the rubber bushing in the bracket holding the bearing twisted as did the shaft in the tranny forcing the seal and the tranny solid not allowing the shaft to turn so this was wrong somewhere and for the lifeof meafter abbout an hour of checking i still cant get it to line up.......have bought a new outer driveshaft but still got to get the inter DS to fit ---HELP!! it has got to be something simple as like you say the shaft must line up staright from bracket through to tranny as both the block and the tranny are both connected as i thought that jacking the car up had twisted it so it didnt fit but that cant be possible.... its the outer DS that has the 2 cv joints seriously confused .com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Downloader, thanks for youe reply, i used a press to put the bearing on and it used very little force to get it seated (10 tonne press Lol), shaft in to bearing went ok same way used press little force it all looks straight to me! and the shaft rotates straight too. going to make a video as its difficult to show in pictures hopefully can upload onto the thread.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I only changed 1 axle shaft on mine and it was the other side so this may not apply. Are you sure the inner shaft is pushed all the way in? There is probably a little clip on the end of the shaft that snaps into the transmission during the last little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts