Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Enforcer
3,620 Posts
Really happy for you - I knew you were somewhat hesitant on this purchase :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Damn, I should've gotten the pano roof.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,630 Posts
Damn, I should've gotten the pano roof.
Looks like the Touring spec wheels but it doesn’t look like he got the powered tailgate that US Touring spec owners got.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks like the Touring spec wheels but it doesn’t look like he got the powered tailgate that US Touring spec owners got.
Accessories, combinations and trim levels are for regional distributors to invent. I got the top trim (Executive) minus one - Lifestyle, and the difference between those two is substantial, missing are: power tailgate, pano roof, full leather and power seats. I do miss the panorama roof, everything else is meh.

·
The Enforcer
3,620 Posts
This is the equivalent of the Touring.

In the UK, its the EX spec, which does come with a powered tailgate 👌

Reactions: rocky

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys!

Enjoying the car more and more. Getting use to the cruise control and enjoying her the more I drive.

Limited driving at the moment and I bemoaned the fuel economy- its not too bad at the moment. One thing I noticed is the command on the road and respect we get. The Jazz we had - we were relentless bullied / not in a negative way but she (CRV) has prescence on the road. Both neighbours have given her a thumbs up!

·
The Enforcer
3,620 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys!

Enjoying the car more and more. Getting use to the cruise control and enjoying her the more I drive.

Limited driving at the moment and I bemoaned the fuel economy- its not too bad at the moment. One thing I noticed is the command on the road and respect we get. The Jazz we had - we were relentless bullied / not in a negative way but she (CRV) has prescence on the road. Both neighbours have given her a thumbs up!
Yep, for Blighty, the CR-V is quite a sizeable car on the road and has a lot of presence.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,273 Posts
A story be nice with the images you shoot or just loads

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6A458CA6-8FDA-4F70-9BFF-C2DDD456718A.jpeg
D668CF5C-C2A8-4236-8B81-C3D5A4EA211B.jpeg
D53E12D8-51A8-4212-8722-AD234CF40A0C.jpeg
D668CF5C-C2A8-4236-8B81-C3D5A4EA211B.jpeg

so I added some more recent photos.

Story here is that our previous Honda jazz which we owned from new - nov 2009 was rear ended mid December by another vehicle. The long and short of it was that the car was a write off and we needed to get something quick.

The jazz / fit served us well over the 11 years of ownership and we were due to give her to mum. Mileage was low at under 70k and nothing wrong with her all all except general wear and tear.

our shortlist was other suv - Vw Tiguan, older Toyota RAV4 and Hyundai Tucson.

In the end we went for the Honda. The Tiguan we liked but I believe that Hondas are more reliable and we liked the seating position of the Honda and view. The Toyota we were disappointed with due to the interior cockpit being all cluttered and I could imagine it being annoying over the years. The compromise was that the fuel economy being hybrid was an advantage but something did not feel right. It’s the wife that mainly uses the car - I usually cycle into work and we don’t do more than 6/7 k miles a day.

after a months ownership - I think we have a great car. The leather seats are super. The sat nav works a treat and we know the infotainment system is not perfect but she’s pretty good. We tend to be keepers of cars and I think I have come to a great resource forum with some great and passionate folks here. Mechanically I am not great but after seeing some yourtube Videos it seems the fluid changes seem reasonable to attempt but not at this moment ! I still have a couple of years services thrown in for year 4 and 5.

I can see the car being used for long road trips with the UK and in Europe.

Previous owners have recorded the mpg but it gets about late 20s and she a heavy one so no was was she able to match the low 40s/ late 30s we had on the lighter and more aero Jazz!

stay safe guys and thanks for reading !
877C9303-8D1C-4886-B19E-3D16BBFFDAD8.jpeg

·
The Enforcer
3,620 Posts
Tiguan's have to be the most dreary cars ever to grace the roads. They have hideously cheap interiors much like the RAV4. Yuck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts