Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Ultragauge EM Plus 1.4 (Read Before Buying)

461 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  IggysCRV
So on a whim and missing my PolarFIS i had in my Tiguan, noting they were on sale I decided to grab the UltraGauge EM Plus 1.4. Arrived yesterday and i immediately ran out to plug it in. I had spent the evenings while it was in transit studying the manual and learning it so when it arrived i was ready. Plug it in per the manual, it finds the Can Interface and spits back 58 gauge’s available nice. Well thats where nice ended.

I wanted to see a few things Voltage, Boost, Coolant Temp, IAT, Oil Temp if possible, and others. Well about all i could really use was Boost and volts. No Coolant Temp well no temps at all other then the temp of the unit itself. It had HP and TQ and pages of economy gauges but some of the most critical are missing.

I plugged on my $80 Autel 619 Shop Scanner and went to live data and its all there and then some 156 lines between 2 modules (ECU and BCM) so its not like it can’t be pulled.

To make matters worse i tossed on a well used ScanGauge that came out of a wreck, probably 15-20 years old and it read every gauge no issues. (No boost or MAP info though sue to age)

So I sent a support ticket in asking what gives? They simply replied “Oh its not Supported”. Uhh last week when i emailed you said it was ans the info i wanted was available. No real response other thanI could pay to have them reflash it to an MX then id have to know coding for the command string of each wanted gauge (they have no listing for Honda past 2013 or so. No guarantees it would work.

Said i an a very unhappy customer at this point and all i got was a link to return it.

Absolutely rubbish customer service, take it or leave it attitude does not bode well. Plus I would have to pay to return ship it. They dont supply return slips. And they would not refund the mount as i have opened the bag its in.Unit had a nice sticker saying non returnable if opened. But not on the accessory bag.

So id be out shipping both ways and the mount price. So i told them to pound sand and within 5 mins of posting it on my FB a friend grabbed it for what i paid for it minus shipping.

So if you are after one for your Gen5 pass. Not worth it and it wont work like they advertise. Give your business to someone who wants it. Im all for small business but when they don’t care how to keep a customer happy go elsewhere.

And yes i know about all the BT dongle phone app ones. I dont care for them. My phones in my pocket or on the wireless charger. I dislike having another screen on my windshield. The Ultragauge fit perfectly under the buttons on the right side. Easy enough to monitor without a bright screen in your face.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Honda CR-V Touring
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talking to Banks Performance to see if their basic iDash would pull the info. Just have to make a pod orva pillar pod to mount it.

· Premium Member
2022 Honda CR-V Touring
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm talking with them. Since the basic iDash is basically a generic OBD reader it "might" work. I'm not looking for all the add on sensors and the Derringer setup that isn't compatible. They "might" send me one to test and see if it would.

Reactions: patruns

· Premium Member
2022 Honda CR-V Touring
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FB friend that snagged it but still didn't open it tried it on all his vehicles from Ford Trucks to newer Chevys etc. He said it's stupid how many it won't support. Said one vehicle he could see Coolant Temp. So I'm getting it back and will sell it at the local swap meet coming up. Too much of a hassle to ship it back now that I roasted them in my last email asking why other scanners show what I want but not yours.

I did get a reply saying they are not going to be supporting the EM or MX after this year and migrating to the Blue a BT one. So my guess is they care less about fixing software that's out of date and focus on the BT one which has horrendous reviews.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts