Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that even though I have a power seat with multiple adjustments on my 08 crv-ex L that the seats are not that comfortable, and seems to give me some back muscle issues. I don't usually have back issues and when I drive our Pontiac minivan it feels fine (cloth interior, much softer back) I've tried lumbar, no lumbar, higher, lower, you name it. The material under the leather is rather hard, maybe I should have just gone with the EX with the cloth interior. Is that softer? Has anyone else had any issues?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm finding that even though I have a power seat with multiple adjustments on my 08 crv-ex L that the seats are not that comfortable, and seems to give me some back muscle issues. I don't usually have back issues and when I drive our Pontiac minivan it feels fine (cloth interior, much softer back) I've tried lumbar, no lumbar, higher, lower, you name it. The material under the leather is rather hard, maybe I should have just gone with the EX with the cloth interior. Is that softer? Has anyone else had any issues?
Three weeks after we bought our '08 EX-L, we took a 600 mile trip. I had no issues with the seat at all..it takes a bit of fiddling to find the optimum seating height, position, etc but once you do, the seat seems to be fine.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You are talking about a VERY subjective topic akin to the goldilocks story.... I find them very comfortable on longer trips but that's my opinion which doesn't put a whole lot of comfort in your backside! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have the power seat but mine's comfortable. It takes some time to get used to it. Hopefully it gets better for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have the power seat but mine's comfortable. It takes some time to get used to it. Hopefully it gets better for you.
Same here, at first I complaint it was too hard too, after a while now I think it's fine. It takes time for your back to adjust. It happens to me on most new cars I owned.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think Japanese cars tend to have foam seat cushion which is probably hard but also longer lasting in my opinion. I remember my Caravan seats which were not very firm and began to feel too soft after several years. On the other hand I have 97 Isuzu and the seats are just as firm as the day I bought it new. I steam clean the seats from time to time and they hold up very well.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i've sat in many different vehicle/make - honda seats are usually on the hard/sporty side which is good coz it gives you the needed support.

american cars tend to have softer seats and if you are used to soft seats and then u switch to hard seats - you may have a sore back for a bit. it depends on the person too, some people will feel it , some wont.

in general, honda seats are very good.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
The Seats Are Hard

The seats are hard, no doubt about it. It was a criticism I read in many of the reviews on the 07. The EX cloth seats are hard as well but possibly not quite as hard as the leather. It took me several months to get used to them but now I prefer them to the softer seats on American cars.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have had different problem - on the very beginning I could feel seam on seat cushion what was driving me nut. Fortunately problem went away after several hundred miles - I guess leather soften up a bit. Still I am not a big fan of Honda's leather - it feels a bit "cheap" if that's a right word. A bit stiffer and with "artificial" texture when compared to Jeep or Cad. Still I would buy it with leather again. One more thing if Honda listens - there should be heating elements in both cushion and back of passenger chair!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Comfort is definitely subjective. My Mom has said about her CR-V that the seats are VERY comfortable and when my parents go somewhere, it is usually in the CR-V. It is easier for my Dad to get into it, versus their 1998 Toyota Camry.

Now, for me, I find the seats comfortable but because of an ODD back problem I use a small barstool cushion for my lower back. It was only $13 at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Seat comfort is 100% subjective.

The seats in your American minivan are very soft. American manufacturers tend to put unsupportive Barcalounger seats in their vehicles. Maybe you can buy a cushion or take it to an upholstery shop and they can add something for you....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts