Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuse slot 22 reads FR FOG (15A)/LWR_SG. Fuse slot 23 reads MG CLUTCH/UPR_SG. What do those abbreviations mean in English? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
#22 Fog lights & Lower Shutter Grill
#23 AC clutch & Upper Shutter Grill
If you look in your big manual on the CD you will see a more verbose description. This manual can also be downloaded. Don't know if it shows in the small user guide (paper copy) that came with the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does the FR stand for front?.....like there may be RR rear fogs as well? LOL. Wonder why it says MG Clutch instead of AC Clutch?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thanks. Does the FR stand for front?.....like there may be RR rear fogs as well? LOL. Wonder why it says MG Clutch instead of AC Clutch?
Hint: Do like others would and just go to a good search engine like Bing ( I hate google...the biggest spy agency in the world ).....and search for "rear fog lights". You will find out they are mandatory in many countries around the world. They are a colored light on the rear of the car to help others see you and help avoid rear end collisions in low visibility conditions. Good idea but aren't required in the US.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attention all forum members: Do like others would and just go to a good search engine before asking a question/posting in this forum. Hans says so.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again to Traylaw for his helpful/informative info without being cute/sarcastic

·
Everything in Moderation
8,064 Posts
Ever followed a Mercedes or Audi that always seems to have ONE blindingly bright brake light on, constantly? :mad:

That means they have the fog lights on. And, the rear fog light goes on at the same time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never noticed that.....but then I don't live in a Benz/Audi/BMW neighborhood. I heard on Dave Ramsey's show the other day that 87% of new Benz/Audi/BMW vehicles were leased.:eek:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, if the fuse in slot #22 is pulled, front fogs and the lower grill shutter become inoperable, right?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My observation with slot #22 (15A) fuse pulled, a/c compressor "off" selected: front fogs inoperable, both upper and lower grill shutters open, no alarm or warning light, cold motor.

Observation with slot #23 (10A) fuse pulled, a/c compressor "on" selected: a/c compressor inoperable, both efans running, both upper and lower grill shutters open, no alarm or warning light, cold motor.

It appears that both grill shutters are either open or closed.....not one grill shutter open while the other is closed.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The shutters should be in the open position with the engine off, when you start the engine ( cold engine ) the shutters should cycle close, open and close. They should then remain closed until the engine warms up and the ECU calls for more cooling.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Your description of the cold motor shutter operation is correct unless the a/c compressor is engaged. If the compressor is engaged, the shutters are open and the rad fans are running. This is why I think some folks are seeing slow engine/heater warm-up. in cold weather they select "auto" as usual and turn the temp knob up to a higher temp vs down for a lower/cooler temp. If I understand correctly, "auto" always engages the compressor, which turns on the rad fans and opens shutters, regardless of where the temp knob is set. The heat system is much more powerful than the a/c system (on any vehicle) thus the cabin still warms up, just not as quick. The cabin and motor would warm up quicker IF the a/c was set to "off" (not auto).....thus no rad fans running and shutters would be closed.

From the description on fuse slot #22 lower shutter and fuse slot #23 upper shutter one would think the shutters operate independent of each other.......I don't think that's the case, both shutters are either open or closed. Again, my observations. I'm learning just like everybody else.

Now, if I could figure out a way to install a auxiliary/secondary tranny fluid cooler, I'd be a happy camper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts