Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone after they purchased their CRV decided to add under coating protection? If so, did it make much of a difference in reducing road noise? I ask as I have a coupon for 50% off at a local shop which expires end of November. Not really looking for extra rust protection as it doesn't really snow out here but if it contributes to a quieter ride then it's something I might be interested in doing. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Undercoating can cause corrosion by plugging up drain holes and passages. I worked at a new car dealer that sold a lot of undercoating because it was a huge profit-maker. The dumbest kid on the lot usually got picked to spray the undercoating; maybe someone more professional would do a proper job.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The place I have the coupon for is a national company which specializes in undercoating with a warranty as well. I would never risk taking it into some no name place as I completely hear you about the "spray and pray" application methodology used in a lot of places who apply undercoating LOL! :eek:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
The undercoating definitely will make the vehicle run quieter. I have experienced this in my different vehicle. Is it the clear one or the black coloured undercoating you have in mind. As long as they have warranty & applied properly they will help protect the body of the vehicle. Some dealers one of their sales pitch is that when you apply the rustproofing or undercoating they will not charge you for the sound deadening option. But in reality they are an inherited advantage of applying the undercoating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This past August I had my wife's '04 EX undercoated by a local Body Shop. The Shop owner told me that he had applied POR 15 Product that was available from Eastwood Automotive. The body Shop put in 10 hours of labor time into this application. The results look wonderful. Job cost me $1000.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts