Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CRVOC,

Just picked up an 08 EX-L last week. So far so good, we love it. Its the first Japanese car Ive ever owned (except mines made in Ohio :rolleyes: ). I bought as a family car to keep for at least 10 years.

I looked underneath and noticed that the factory undercoating is only covering certain areas. Its like they were saving $ and only applying it to critical areas. I live in PA where its heavily salted. So my question is, should I worry about this? Is everyones CRV like this?

I was thinking about spraying on this product from Eastwood. Ive used it on my other cars with good results.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

Welcome to the club and congratulations and good luck with your new V. Regarding undercoating, yes there are bare spots. I have read things in both directions for and against undercoating. I have also read where member here applied some type of undercoating to deaden noise. Don't know, myself. But I opted to do nothing this time around. Do a search on the forum and you may turn up some answers.

Again welcome to the club.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same here

I have my 08 also undercoated by the dealer, because I noticed the noise problem when I test drove. And mainly the dealer offered me a good price for whole package.

Anyways, I looked under when I got the CRV, also surprised that it has a lot of non-spray(able) areas, no wonder I got a low price for the package.

As for myself, I would like to think those non-spray areas are supposed to leave it exposed because of one reason or another, I see mostly moving parts or heat-parts, at least they spray the exhaust system, but I know that will come off a bit, sooner or later, happened to my sold 03 Pilot (the exhaust part, but the rest stays there).

It is just my own opinion, also the noise still loud, but do not know whether the undercoat already help or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts