Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really a "problem" I'm reporting but I don't know where else to put it. If the admins want to move it to a different forum that's ok with me.

As the owner of an Android cell phone (Galaxy S4), when I purchased my 2014 CR-V EX-L I was somewhat disappointed to learn that the Pandora integration was limited to iOS phones and iPods. For the past two years I've been streaming Pandora to my vehicle's audio system using Bluetooth without all the nice on-screen info that is provided to iPhone owners.

To my surprise I have just discovered that I can now get Pandora song/album/performer information displayed on one of the screens accessible with the Display button on the steering wheel. It will also display the same information when Google Music Play is running and, I suspect, it probably works with any Bluetooth-connected music app. I've looked through all the literature which came with the vehicle and I find no reference to this capability. I don't recall every noticing it before, but I can't swear that it hasn't always been there. Just as possible it's the result of my phone's upgrade to Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop) a few months ago.

No, this is not the same as full Pandora functionality since I can't change "stations" with the vehicle's controls nor can I vote on "like/dislike" for specific tracks. However, the "fast forward" control on the steering wheel allows me to skip a track which is all I normally care to do.

Maybe I'm the last CR-V owner to notice this, but I suspect I'm not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts