Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Had my 2017 crv ex for a little over a year and 17k miles now.

I had the low tire pressure light come on and checked the air pressure in all tires. I usually have them set at the oem specs and come to find a nail in the rear passenger tire and also really uneven wear. Now mind you that the tires have not been rotated since 5k miles, the front and back left tire all wear evenly.

I called and made an appointment, but won't be able to get into the dealer until Tuesday morning. Has anyone else had this issue?

An alignment was done back at 5k miles and the crv does not pull in any direction while driving however I do notice the crv grabbing when changing lanes on the highway but have read similar experiences and was lead to believe it is normal behavior.

I'm just hoping I don't have to pay for a new tire and alignment as it ran me $230 last time it was done.

I did hear a clunking from the back every now and then but it has stopped for the last 500 miles.

·
Registered
446 Posts
All four of my tires on our AWD Touring have developed cupping on their outer edges. Road noise has increased substantially because of this. The tires are Hankook Kinergy. We have around 33,000 miles on the car.

They have all been rotated when the MM advises it is necessary. Tire pressures have all been maintained to spec. I had an alignment check performed to rule out that as a possible cause, and it was found to be almost perfect. No adjustments made.

Not sure what to think, other than I won't be getting Hankook tires again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All four of my tires on our AWD Touring have developed cupping on their outer edges. Road noise has increased substantially because of this. The tires are Hankook Kinergy. We have around 33,000 miles on the car.

They have all been rotated when the MM advises it is necessary. Tire pressures have all been maintained to spec. I had an alignment check performed to rule out that as a possible cause, and it was found to be almost perfect. No adjustments made.

Not sure what to think, other than I won't be getting Hankook tires again.
I have the ecopia set on mine, all tire pressures set to oem spec and rotated as necessary. I am going to buy a set of conti true contact from sears after my visit to the dealer on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have the ecopia set on mine, all tire pressures set to oem spec and rotated as necessary. I am going to buy a set of conti true contact from sears after my visit to the dealer on Tuesday.
I have Conti DWS on my Genesis and love them...... Let us know how you like the true contact for the CRV after you have them installed .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Conti DWS on my Genesis and love them...... Let us know how you like the true contact for the CRV after you have them installed .
Will do, I won't have them installed there but they are 140 a tire and sears has a 50 off coupon for me as well. So I figured not a bad buy, I'm trying to keep costs down as it's a lease.

I am a little disappointed that the tires didn't last so long how loud they gotten.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With less than 3000 miles on OEM tires, I decided to take advantage of Michelin tire sale at Costco (through today, 4/29/18) and have Michelin Premier LTX tires installed on my 2018 Touring AWD. Road noise after replacing Hankook Kinergy tires is significantly reduced and ride is generally much smoother. Selling Hankooks on craigslist.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jumping into this thread late but the uneven wear on my '17 Touring AWD is just awful. Road noise is unreal. I need to ride these out for another year or so (26k so far) but it's real bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Late response, but wanted to tack on to this as this seems to be a common issue. 2017 CR-V EX-L also the Bridgestone Ecopia tires, and literally the exact same tire on ours went bald, higher miles at 29,000 but according to what I have seen these tires should have a 70,000 mile warranty on them. I took it to the dealer as to my eyes the other 3 tires looked pretty evenly worn, and they measured 3/32 or 2/32 of tread vs the passenger side rear being at 0/32. They stated that they would contact Bridgestone to create a warranty case and see if there are any options, but I also do not plan to ever buy these tires again, and will likely be having a different rotation pattern done to try and keep wear a little more even. They are not quiet tires, and the CR-V started to hunt quite a bit driving down the road as the tires wore down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I failed to point out that mine is also an AWD, and in Texas. As well, the tires were rotated by the dealer twice prior to taking it in this week, so this tire was back in the location that it had been in originally, passenger side rear since they only rotate front to back then back again. The Dealer checked the alignment which was in spec as well as removing the wheels and inspecting the suspension for any abnormal wear or issues.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There are a couple things to watch for regarding tires:
- In general, OEM tires do not come with any warranty. I would check the warranty book to confirm this.
- OEM tires can wear out in as few as 10k miles depending on driving habits and terrain
- Unless the tires are directional (a big arrow cast on the side wall), they need to be rotated front-to-back-and-criss cross. I would check online for the pattern

On 2017 CRV, front and back may need to be inflated to different pressure. I think on this model rear tire inflation pressure is 2-3PSI less than the fronts. I would check the tire label on the driver side door jamb.

If most of the driving is done with just the driver in the car, the rear passenger tire has the least weight applied on it. If it is not inflated correctly, it may wear out unevenly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have the same Bridgestone Ecopia Tires on ours as well and the rear passenger tire is worn out at 18K. These tires have the Treadwear rating of 700 and Traction and Temp of A. There is something wrong because we should get a warranty of about 70K with a tire like this. They have been very loud as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts