Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a (new to me) 2011 Honda CRV EX and there is a button that I can't find any documentation for. The placement of it is driver side, about knee level and farther down than the VSA and mirror position controls. It is a tri-state button: pressed down a small light illuminates a light with an icon of a single squiggly line (almost like a defrost symbol). In the middle is the off position. Pressed up it illuminates a light with an icon of a double squiggly line (almost like this is "high" and the other position is "low"). My best guess is it might be heat or defrost on the side mirrors, but according to documentation that is typically a center console button with the rear defrost. Mine isn't equipped with that.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,776 Posts
Post up a picture!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Would that be after market? I have cloth seats, so I really didn’t think they would be heated.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have the factory heated seats and mine doesn't work either. I had the same problem in a '99 Acura TL, and had to pull the driver's seat and fix where the wire had burned through in three places. I have the feeling that is what is wrong with my seat, and possibly yours as well. That switch is definitely aftermarket, and it does look like some kind of seat warmer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts