Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a lot of issue playing usb files.I got a new 32gig standisk usb that I bought from BB. format the usb and copy ,paste and label all the new folder with individual artist name. but when i plug it, it says unreadable file showing all the time.it getting me frustrated.by the way all my music files is in apple lossless copy. using macbook pro. can you shed a little light on this situation.
Thanks and more power.
Ann

·
Registered
500 Posts
Honda USB only plays unprotected MP3 files - I doubt that apple lossless are supported - with the car in motion any mp3 over 128 is a waste of disk space - compress to 128 as the road noise will not allow any difference to be heard.

I had to get the HP USB formatter to get the bigger than 4gb USB flash drives to be seen.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It also could be a faulty Sandisk drive. I normally run them without too many issues. I even have those tiny USB 3.0 ones. I didn't know about the protected songs. It does make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all :) I figured it what's the problem. Larryr is right. you need to convert it to mp3 to play it properly.some mp4a can play too but not all of them.
Ann

1 - 5 of 5 Posts