Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered, I tried searching and didn't see anything. I just noticed that there is an unplugged connector by the radiator fans. They fit together, but wasn't sure if they were meant to be connected. There hasn't been any service on the coolant system, so I don't think anyone at the dealership would have jacked with it. Anyone know if these should or should not be connected?

2010 CR-V LX 4wd

C360_2013-03-23-21-25-49_1.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try this, Start the car and turn on the AC. With the compressor running both fans should be on. If not plug them together and see if they both run .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jreagan, thanks for the screenshot. Although my picture doesn't show it, there is another connector and plug to the right of the the ones I show that are plugged in, which I think are the ones you circles in blue.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The two "A" connectors go to each fan. The "B" connector is the hood switch. Whatever you have (the 2010s might be a little different - I didn't go verify that the part #s are the same), I think they should be connected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried plugging it in tonight. With the a/c on and the indicated plug unplugged, only the drivers' side fan turned. Plugging in the plug immediately turned on the passenger side fan in addition to the drivers' side fan. Not sure how this came up plugged, since neither my wife or I did it, and the dealership hasn't serviced the radiator or a/c at all. Oh well.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Has happened to me before in my other car. I went to get the driveshaft repaired and the bad guy mechanic unplugged the fans when I went to get a part. After three days my radiator cracked. Then I saw the fans were unplugged. Luckily I just had to replace the radiator and all was good. The mechanic denied he unplugged the fans. Did you got the car serviced lately anywhere? Sounds like foul play.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's only been to the dealership for oil changes and rear diff fluid changes. At least one of the fans was still able to run... I've never seen the coolant temp above 1/2, although it's been mostly winter since the dealership saw it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum and uncertain where to ask my question but thought I'd give this a shot since it's somewhat related.
I'm in the process of replacing the radiator on my 2001 CRV, with A/C. It appears to be pretty straight forward but I can't figure out to disconnect the 2 connectors for the radiator cooling fans.

I figure I have to push or pull a tab but I can't get a clear view of the connector to get a better Idea. Any help would be appreciated. Will I need a screw driver or other took.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just push on the end of the connector and then the part toward the middle will pop up, then you can pull them apart. No tools needed.

0209172147 (2).jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts