Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a feature like this for a long time now..
Honda hack just released a update that will allow you to view the rear view cam at any time!
Heres the update notes:
  • Open rear camera by one click.
  • Real-time monitoring of battery voltage with voice alarm.
  • Seat belt voice alarm.
  • Show CPU usage, battery voltage in the status bar.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Its an update.
I took mine off since we are on vacation with the crv.
Nj to nc to fla and back home so didnt want to risk any crashing or bugs on route
hopefully the developer fixed the buggyness....
have NOT had issues after I removed all customization but did not uninstall. removed google play store as recommended by others

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda hack just released a update that will allow you to view the rear view cam at any time!
Heres the update notes:
  • Seat belt voice alarm.
Where did you get this hack?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Will it make the radio stay on after the motor is turned off?......turn radio off when driver’s door is opened?

Reactions: billyrule

·
Registered
857 Posts
Heres the update notes:
  • Seat belt voice alarm.
Thanks! A small feature got included at some point, I had emailed codeage a few months ago but hadn't upgraded in awhile to check.

EDIT this doesn't actually work, but the swipe action is real... SoonTM.

There's 2 oem-unmapped steering wheel keys available for mapping. This is significant as you can add functions to the wheel without affecting stock functionality.

On the left d-pad, swipe up from the down key to the up key without pushing buttons. A second swipe action is for the same action down.

Swipe up makes a really nice toggle for rear camera without messing with stock mapping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V Touring
18 Posts
Will it make the radio stay on after the motor is turned off?......turn radio off when driver’s door is opened?
Here's what works in my 2018 CR-V Touring: when you are stopped, DON'T put the transmission lever in PARK, just put it in NEUTRAL, then set the parking brake and push the Start/Stop button. The radio will continue to play. When you open the drivers door the radio will go off and you'll hear a reminder beep to put it in PARK. Hope that's what you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone provide me with a link to a specific trustworthy site? I tend not to trust random links from an Internet search. Especially when one of the search terms is the word "hack". :rolleyes:

Just me being paranoid after 35 years in a secure technology job.

Larry

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Can anyone provide me with a link to a specific trustworthy site? I tend not to trust random links from an Internet search. Especially when one of the search terms is the word "hack". :rolleyes:

Just me being paranoid after 35 years in a secure technology job.

Larry
Here you go.

http://www.autohack.org/

The owner and developer codage is 100% legit. I have been using it since it came out and I have had no issues.

Reactions: larryc43230

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Codeage if your reading, I love this release. Lots of new features, it makes the HU so much better in every way. BTW my vehicle does not have voice prompts for seat belts not being clipped in. It just lets off an annoying bing bing sound every 30 seconds or so. Your mod seems to unlock the voice prompts I think the NA version have for both the seat belts and parking brake.

I wonder if you can unlock the compass on the dash also. I know its there because I have seen it once or twice but the feature seems to be turned off on my model by default.

So far no bugs with this release, everything is running great.

Rob

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.