Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys!

I posted a little while ago with questions about buying a car in Mass. I am planning on going this weekend to get it since the Carfax looks amazing on it. now I asked the dealer for pictures and they have me a bit concerned since I do like to work on my own cars. Do these pictures look off at all? I can fix most of what seems rusted but I do see a reasonable amount that concerns me a bit especially since I am driving down to NC with it once I purchase it. What do you guys think? I am both nervous and excited.

Edit: It is an 06 CR-V EX manual 5 speed.

EDIT: I just got back from my trip to Mass. and let me tell you it was a LOOOOONG trip on friday with the windy weather. In the end we purchased it and drove it back here. Now the only issue I am having with this V is the Canister Purge Valve needs to be changed. any idea how to do that or information on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Wish they'd given you a view from the rear wheels area to the rear bumper. Overall looks pretty good. Muffler may be getting thin. Ditto brake lines, but good.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish they'd given you a view from the rear wheels area to the rear bumper. Overall looks pretty good. Muffler may be getting thin. Ditto brake lines, but good.
Thanks man,

I really wish I could have had someone go there before and check. Do you know anyone near that area that could check it out in their shop before buying? I always do that with purchases here in NC i just don't want the dealer to feel I am to picky about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other Topic is

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...lanning-buying-06-crv-201-889-miles-help.html

I see more rust than on our '06.

Would the dealer put the car on a lift and let you poke at the rusty areas? If they collapse, the deal is off.

I'd also be wary of vibrations from binding u-joints on the driveshaft. They cause vibrations 25 - 50 MPH.
Yes that is my original post.
I will keep this in mind though definitely. I am having to drive it all the way to NC after so that 11 hours I do not want to add more time by having this beast break down on me. I am planning on getting it here, working on it and taking many adventures with my daughter and wife so making sure its safe is my #1 priority.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts