Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My sat nav has never been updated since 2011 and looks ancient to say the least.

I just use my iphone 11 as cant go wrong but holding it is dangerous to look at it too
Wondering one thing, is it as simple as getting an update disc and just putting it in, will it be ok , does it need pin or anything like that?

example

thanks

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Depends on the disc you get.

When I had my (2010) Accord, the maps eventually went out of date. Took on a punt from some random eBay seller for £15 for the 2013 maps (at the time!) and it worked fine.

(PS - sent you personal message too).

·
Registered
2007 CR-V 2.2 i-CTDI Executive AWD 6MT
3 Posts
I just recently bought the 2018 update for my Gen 3 CRV and it worked perfectly.

Insert disc, wait for about 10 minutes whilst it updates and you're good. Found the update on the bay. I would send you a copy but don't have a CD burner anymore...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, yeah the map on my crv looks so ancient, just doesnt seem right at all and I thought if I can spend £20 on two bulbs, Im sure £16 on a new sat nav disc wont hurt !!!

This is the current, Ive ordered that link above, I got told this is the lastest version, thought there may be a 2019 ?

this is my current one

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Worst case, you still have your original.

Look forward to your feedback on the new one you've ordered 👌

·
Registered
2007 CR-V 2.2 i-CTDI Executive AWD 6MT
3 Posts
I ordered one of those and it came perfectly packaged, original DVD. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, should be here next couple of days... Im wondering will the actual maps look different as the current one looks SO out of date

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK took about 5minutes to update and worked fine
Looks the same though but for the price is has to be worth doing, roads change over 10 years I would imagine
so yea worth it
Hate to think what this disc would cost from the dealers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK took about 5minutes to update and worked fine
Looks the same though but for the price is has to be worth doing, roads change over 10 years I would imagine
so yea worth it
Hate to think what this disc would cost from the dealers.
Hi, so do you just buy a disc and put it in the CD player slot and that’s it? Sounds too simple. Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, as simple as that you will have the slot labelled sat nav disc well thats what I have on my 2011 model
I mean yes I use my phone but for this price its worth updating this too IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts