Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not necessary but I felt the antenna mast on my 2015 CRV looked antiquated. So, I purchased a shark fin that the company will color match to replace it. Here are the pics of my shark fin upgrade. Now I get 5 horsepower more with the lower profile (just kidding). The look is much cleaner though.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good! Did you have a link to this?
I got it from Visual Garage. It cost a little bit more but worth it.. Here's the link.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,644 Posts
That doesn't seem unreasonable at all for paint matched.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,644 Posts
I like the part about "prevents your antenna from hitting the garage door", but it's about two years too late. 😥
OOPS! :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like the look - was it difficult to replace?
Not at all. Just make sure you have a good step ladder to have access to your roof. I washed my car the night before and cleaned the surface area around the antenna right when I was ready to install it. 2 screws were provided - just choose the one that fits. So, after you cleaned off the surface unscrew the current antenna mast and place aside. Do a dry fit of the shark fin. With some tape mark off guides to where you are going to place the antenna. Lift up the shark and now screw the lead wire from the shark fin into the where the previous mast was screwed into. Use one of the screws provided. Once the antenna wire is connected you can now remove the adhesive backing from the shark fin. Line the shark up with your guides. Put a little pressure on the front half of the shark fin then after about 30 seconds do the same for the rear section of the shark fin. Remove your guide tape and you are done. Don't wash your vehicle for about a week for the 3M adhesive to set. These instructions come with the shark fin.

·
Registered
2008 CRV, 2005 CRV and a 1996 CRV
23 Posts
thanks for that - thought I might have had to go in from the inside - remove headlining etc, but your explanation makes it a bit more doable. Our antenna always seems to end up facing forward somehow, and that annoys me !!. (Probably lose a good .05 HP with the extra wind resistance as well!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for that - thought I might have had to go in from the inside - remove headlining etc, but your explanation makes it a bit more doable. Our antenna always seems to end up facing forward somehow, and that annoys me !!. (Probably lose a good .05 HP with the extra wind resistance as well!)
Yeah, there are no mounting screws involved so you don't have to go inside your vehicle for part of the install. The 3M adhesive is strong. Just be sure you have week of clear weather before you install it since it highly recommends that you don't wash your vehicle for a week after the installation. lol I'm sure it does cut down on wind drag a tad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts