Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just bought a beautiful 2018 CR-V EX-L and am loving it... however, I would like to upgrade the audio system with some bass. I was wondering if anyone who has done this (or is knowledgeable about this) with an EX-L or below can provide insight?

I know the Touring edition has the sub under the front passenger seat and the amp behind the dash? From what I can see, the EX-L doesn't even have the wiring under the front passenger seat? If not, I am trying to figure out the best strategy for connecting into the audio system?

My best thought is pulling out the head unit and directly wiring into the speaker outputs just outside of the head unit? If anyone has any better suggestions or can direct me to a thread that speaks to this situation I'd greatly appreciate it! I did a lot of searching but was unable to find my situation. Most seem to be upgrading the Touring edition with new amp/sub.

Thanks much!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hello all,
I just bought a beautiful 2018 CR-V EX-L and am loving it... however, I would like to upgrade the audio system with some bass. I was wondering if anyone who has done this (or is knowledgeable about this) with an EX-L or below can provide insight?

I know the Touring edition has the sub under the front passenger seat and the amp behind the dash? From what I can see, the EX-L doesn't even have the wiring under the front passenger seat? If not, I am trying to figure out the best strategy for connecting into the audio system?

My best thought is pulling out the head unit and directly wiring into the speaker outputs just outside of the head unit? If anyone has any better suggestions or can direct me to a thread that speaks to this situation I'd greatly appreciate it! I did a lot of searching but was unable to find my situation. Most seem to be upgrading the Touring edition with new amp/sub.

Thanks much!!!
I have a '17EX and added an amp and sub. I used a line converter to the amp then to the speakers/sub. See details in my sig.
It sounds awesome and well worth to money to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a '17EX and added an amp and sub. I used a line converter to the amp then to the speakers/sub. See details in my sig.
It sounds awesome and well worth to money to me.
Hi Kai,
Thanks much for the reply! This is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do. I already have the line converter for the sub, but I'm just trying to figure out where to tap into the audio signal for it. Is directly from the head unit what you did or was there a more convenient place to access it? FYI, I'm planning on just putting the amp and sub in the rear cargo area. Nothing super custom, I have an amp/sub my roommate used to have in his old car that I am going to install for now.

Appreciate any advice!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had an installer do it. I'm no longer comfortable doing installs with the complexity of today's vehicles.
Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
How do I find your post about adding a sub and amp to your stock system?
Hi,
I can't find it. I may be able to answer questions. I did not install it myself but had a very reputable shop do the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts