Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you please comment on how these LED bulbs behave in the winter with more humidity, snow and water around? I am about to buy a set for my EX-L from Philips (ultinon 9000 pro) and curious to hear feedback on the heat (or lack of for LEDs) and more moisture in the housing and issues with snow/ice on the front side of lamp.
The build up you saw only appears when i go thru car washes as the pressure builds and goes into headlights. In winter it barely to never builds up. I can't speak for the Philips as as the brand i use has a unit that prevents ice and snow from getting it and there is heat. From my personal useage on multiple generations of crv switching to this i recommend if you could the
MORIMOTO 2STROKE 3.0

Hope that help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Here's an unfortunate update on our CR-V. I took it to a collision center with the most & best reviews in the surrounding area. Dropped it off on February 2nd. I think I heard back from them around the 10th of February and I can't now even recall what the gal told me, except I think they were to get to it soon. Then the Deep Freeze hit the KC area. I had no idea how that was going to affect the collision center, I just remained patient. Well, so today the gal called me, using a somber tone, and informed me they were unable to get part sku 36803-TLB-A22 , Milliwave Radar Assembly. As a matter of fact, she said she hoped to have it by March 21. Ugh! I've purchased parts on line from Majestic Honda in the past and decided to give them a call and double check what she told me. The parts guy there said it was on nationwide back order, would probably be a month.

Well, it's irritating that the collision center didn't realize this prior to disassembling things. My car was drivable when I delivered it to them, but they claim it's unsafe at this point, I'd kind of like to bring my baby home and put it in the garage until they finally get the radar part. But, that seems to not be in the cards. Fortunately we have other cars to drive. It is unfathomable that this has turned out like this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think I know what's happened, at least the big picture. It's the big semiconductor shortage. Here's an article:

That's going to be a tough call for Honda, when it does get some radar assemblies, do they go into new cars or mine sitting at the collision center?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,466 Posts
I think I know what's happened, at least the big picture. It's the big semiconductor shortage. Here's an article:

That's going to be a tough call for Honda, when it does get some radar assemblies, do they go into new cars or mine sitting at the collision center?
theres a worldwide chip shortage on things
Thats why ps5 & other productiions are not flowing well coupled with pandemic port backups etc

sucks that it happened BUT better to have the car stuck at a shop during bad freezing weather than back on the road & you’ll have fresh paint and repairs w/ spring weather

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
theres a worldwide chip shortage on things
Thats why ps5 & other productiions are not flowing well coupled with pandemic port backups etc

sucks that it happened BUT better to have the car stuck at a shop during bad freezing weather than back on the road & you’ll have fresh paint and repairs w/ spring weather
I appreciate the optimistic outlook, thank you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Joining the discussion regarding the 2020 led upgrade. I am interested in upgrading to the newer LED headlight from my current 2017 Touring LED. If anyone can help, I have two questions:
Q1 Wonder how much better the newer LED is- extended distance throw, brighter, better side light distribution? All?
Q2 It looks like the led assembly is physically the same. But the Honda parts checked shows not compatible. Technically true- since not OEM. Has anyone yet upgrade from an older Touring CRV with any issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,466 Posts
Joining the discussion regarding the 2020 led upgrade. I am interested in upgrading to the newer LED headlight from my current 2017 Touring LED. If anyone can help, I have two questions:
Q1 Wonder how much better the newer LED is- extended distance throw, brighter, better side light distribution? All?
Q2 It looks like the led assembly is physically the same. But the Honda parts checked shows not compatible. Technically true- since not OEM. Has anyone yet upgrade from an older Touring CRV with any issues?

Thanks
honda will only list parts shipped eith that model. Even if a change is cosmetic they wont confirm you can install it.

i have tons of 2020 parts on my 2017 very few DONT fit but 99% swap over.
As for the headlights you can see the cr reports on them for a 2017 touring vs a 2020, they give off a longer distance

·
Registered
339 Posts
honda will only list parts shipped eith that model. Even if a change is cosmetic they wont confirm you can install it.

i have tons of 2020 parts on my 2017 very few DONT fit but 99% swap over.
As for the headlights you can see the cr reports on them for a 2017 touring vs a 2020, they give off a longer distance
Thanks, Yeah, unfortuntely I had looked at CR last night while looking if I want to trade my 2017 for a 2020 Toy RAV4 Prime. CrEdid commented on distance of led better then halogen. But I already have the 2017 LED not halogen. The only objective input is the IIHS rating of A (acceptable for 2017) and now G (good) for 2020 with some graphs. Probably just need to test drive a 2020 at night. I had planned to replace the 2017 LED at some time (if possible) figuring Honda wanted a G ratting rather then A and would update to be compeative. :) SInce night driving is important for me, it may be worth the cost and hassle- unless I go with the RAV4 Prime.with its also now G rated highlamps.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,466 Posts
Thanks, Yeah, unfortuntely I had looked at CR last night while looking if I want to trade my 2017 for a 2020 Toy RAV4 Prime. CrEdid commented on distance of led better then halogen. But I already have the 2017 LED not halogen. The only objective input is the IIHS rating of A (acceptable for 2017) and now G (good) for 2020 with some graphs. Probably just need to test drive a 2020 at night. I had planned to replace the 2017 LED at some time (if possible) figuring Honda wanted a G ratting rather then A and would update to be compeative. :) SInce night driving is important for me, it may be worth the cost and hassle- unless I go with the RAV4 Prime.with its also now G rated highlamps.
yea our town is super dark at night
Pre crv i had a. 2015 mdx ans headlights were amazing & our crv had the halogens so i immediately swapped for the tourings (as planned) its better ... i also have yellow leds in my fogs .

Im sure a honda dealer in your area will let u put yours side by side with a 2020 to see the diff if u can notice

i wanted the upgrade moreso for brand new box lights now that prices have dropped , since mine were used. Oem touriings were double at launch

41 - 49 of 49 Posts