Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I tried a search for Unorthodox Racing pulleys to see if anyone had used them but i must be too old to work out how to use search without it searching for each word independantly.

Anyway, i'm seriously considering installing the UR underdrive set on my 04 2.4L with Auto.
I dont have big audio so i dont care about the minor voltage drop so what i'm trying to achieve is by reducing the rotating mass, increasing the response off the line, better mid range torque and hopefully better fuel economy.

Now ive used these pulleys before, but just not on a K24. I dont believe the hype and firmly believe this engine doesnt need harmonic balancing like a V8 so i would like to hear of anyones experience with these pulleys on this engine and what to really expect.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you don't believe the "hype" then buy you a set & see if your crank walks after a while. I have seen 2 different B-series motors that had UR crank pullies that ended up with crank damage. I know that a K is different but UR claims that their pulleys are ok on B-series also.
If you want to under drive your K24 you can use an oem RSX Type-S pulley. The A2 pulley is smaller & lighter, but if you can find one the Z1 pulley is the smallest & lightest oem K-series crank pulley.
I have had an A2 pulley on my Element for over a yr & have a Z1 that just waiting on me to install it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my CFR underdrive pulleys in for 1000 miles so far and along with my cold air intake, I am getting 35+ mpg on the highway. I had to buy Acura RSX pulleys because there are none sold for the CR-v. I bought CFR pulleys. They are nonunderdrive for the RSX but are a slight underdrive when installed in the CRV. The AC and amplifier still worked frine after the install. During the install I had to file down the casting of the engine around the crank bolt because of clearance issues, but I love the pulleys. Of course only time will tell if the crank pulley is going to explode on me. I put 18000 miles on my car a year, so if the pulley explodes in 2 years I will already have almost $900 in fuel savings by then to help towards the rebuild. mileage.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts