Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to let go of my clunker, but got in high gear for buying a new car anyway. Dealer wanted to get rid of a Urban Ti so I adopted her.

First Honda -- it's a nice van.

First thing I did was to pull out the fuse No. 37.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think Day Time Running Lights are a good safety feature, why would you want to disable them??

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hope you ain't asking me that question, westham. :confused: I like them also. My guess is....and I need to be very careful how I phrase this here...... the more mature one is ;), the more one likes safety features like the DRL. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats probably because we look back on our lives and wonder to ourselves "how on earth did I ever survive so long with all the dumb things I did as a "kid" :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hope you ain't asking me that question, westham. :confused: I like them also. My guess is....and I need to be very careful how I phrase this here...... the more mature one is ;), the more one likes safety features like the DRL. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats probably because we look back on our lives and wonder to ourselves "how on earth did I ever survive so long with all the dumb things I did as a "kid" :eek:
The question was for Miles.............I agree with you on the "looking back" I recall my times of exceeding speed limits on motorcycles without a helmet on my head and in cars without a seat belt around me........prior to them becoming the Law........and most of us refer to these times as the good old days! I'm not sure how I've made it this far either!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Day Time Running Lights are a good safety feature, why would you want to disable them??
Well, I just don't think it is a good safety feature. I also think I'm better educated and more intelligent than the people who conceived this idea. Here is about all I have to say on this subject.

After once driving a rental car (that was a Lincoln MKZ) in the evening with only dim headligths on and no tail lights, I say no, thanks, to this Swedish "safety feature".

The dim DRLs on the CR-V miserably lose the competition with the Sun during the day. When it is raining and/or dark I want my tail lights on too. So I have no use for DRLs at any time.

Besides that, being a control freak, I want to rule and decide what is on or off in my car. Therefore, I also don't like it that in the CR-V I can't turn off the AC and just use the fan. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the unadulterated outside air the nature brings me. But without being so extreme as to open the windows. Alas, this can't be fixed by just pulling out a fuse.

But I do like the Auto AC feature. When I feel like using it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well, I just don't think it is a good safety feature. I also think I'm better educated and more intelligent than the people who conceived this idea. Here is about all I have to say on this subject.

After once driving a rental car (that was a Lincoln MKZ) in the evening with only dim headligths on and no tail lights, I say no, thanks, to this Swedish "safety feature".

The dim DRLs on the CR-V miserably lose the competition with the Sun during the day. When it is raining and/or dark I want my tail lights on too. So I have no use for DRLs at any time.

Besides that, being a control freak, I want to rule and decide what is on or off in my car. Therefore, I also don't like it that in the CR-V I can't turn off the AC and just use the fan. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the unadulterated outside air the nature brings me. But without being so extreme as to open the windows. Alas, this can't be fixed by just pulling out a fuse.

But I do like the Auto AC feature. When I feel like using it.
But as the vehicle was designed and built for the majority of drivers around the world (who may not be as intelligent or educated as yourself) it must be considered to have more pros than cons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Therefore, I also don't like it that in the CR-V I can't turn off the AC and just use the fan. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the unadulterated outside air the nature brings me. But without being so extreme as to open the windows. Alas, this can't be fixed by just pulling out a fuse.
Of course I was wrong about not being able to run the fan with AC off. I just didn't know that it's the "A/C" button that turns off the AC, not the "OFF" button.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Of course I was wrong about not being able to run the fan with AC off. I just didn't know that it's the "A/C" button that turns off the AC, not the "OFF" button.
Glad your getting to know your new ride, have fun driving your V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts