Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, While doing my research on the new 2017 CR-V I found out that the Canadian version EX and above comes with heated steering wheel and panoramic sun roof (not offered in the US) although the dealer can ad the heated steering wheel for $625.00. In addition the color I'm looking for (Molten Lava) comes with ivory leather while the Canadian version comes with black leather, which I prefer.

Question: Has anyone in the US purchased a CR-V in Canada because of these features or is it possible these features will be offered on the 2018 version if I just wail until the fall of 2017. If your wondering, I live is Wisconsin so I drive to Canada wouldn't be out of the question about 5 hrs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will you deal with Warranty issues? Order a failed panoramic roof or failed rear heated seats or what not?
Not sure. I would think my local Honda dealership would do warranty work. I can look into that. What I'm really hoping for is some will respond that has actually done this or someone may have some insight as to the these options being offered on the 2018 model.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I doubt any US dealer would do warranty work. They don't have a relationship with Honda Canada, which is where the money would be coming from to pay for the repair.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Its not unique to Honda. Ford, GM Chrysler do it as well, so I'm guessing its standard industry practice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It seems risky given the link Rocky posted. It appears that a Canadian driver's license and a permanent Canadian registration are required before you can get warranty coverage in the US.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Self importing a car from Canada just to get a panoramic roof and headed seats....sure, it can be done, but is it worth all the effort and expense? This is not a simple process to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Self importing a car from Canada just to get a panoramic roof and headed seats....sure, it can be done, but is it worth all the effort and expense? This is not a simple process to do.
Fair enough, fair enough. Let me do some research.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't forget the heated steering wheel, which is the one thing I would pick out of the Canadian differences. That's the one thing on the list that could probably be most easily added by a U.S. dealer if you really wanted it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Don't forget the heated steering wheel, which is the one thing I would pick out of the Canadian differences. That's the one thing on the list that could probably be most easily added by a U.S. dealer if you really wanted it.
Agreed. I'm still hoping someone will post that has gone down this road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts