Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many purchase plans and options, but is there really a difference?

I went the USAA/true price route and this morning my phone is BLOWING UP. Every sales person is calling.

But...was that the best route? Is the Costco plan better? Should you just go in and play the dance game, dicker, walk, wait for the call?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used USAA 2x now - they are really just a front end for TrueCar. The first time worked great - had to drive 45 minutes away, but I saved serious money over the local dealers. This most recent time with my CR-V purchase was not so great - dealers were giving me prices that did not include the dealer installed options that I had to purchase if I bought the car from them. So, it was a bit of bait and switch, as I didn't want the DIOs.

I have not used Costco personally, but the dealer I ended up purchasing from (who was not a dealer that participated in the USAA/TrueCar program) was affiliated with Costco. Where I am, it seems folks are pretty happy with the Costco program, but I am betting that is heavily dependent on the dealers in any given area.

Yes, your phone/email will "blow up" as soon as you request pricing. And, it will last for many days until you tell them to stop because you have already purchased a car.

Good luck.

DBinOC

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Which dealer in the OC did you buy from DB?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which dealer in the OC did you buy from DB?
Norm Reeves Honda in Irvine through the Internet Department. The guys on the lot seemed just as aggressive as anywhere else, though. If you would like the name of the salesman I dealt with, send me a DM. I'm not sure he wants his name out on the forums.

DBinOC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Costco can be a good route but here the selection of dealers is somewhat limited, one local dealer claims to be a part of Costco which Costco says isn't true, the closest dealer tried to pull all the usual tricks to make the discount back but they had no luck. You may have better luck dealing directly with the Internet sales department at the local dealer. Not nearly the painless and easy buying process we were expecting. Costco is aware of the problem so at least we have them in our corner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts