Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking to get a Used 2015 CRV and would like to use MirrorLink with my Samsung S6, but with further reading have seen that the USB ports which the phone will connect to won't supply enough charge (just 0.5A).

Is this correct, and if so, has anyone found a way around it, e.g connecting the phone to an additional USB port with some kind of adaptor that actually supplies a decent amount of current i.e 2A etc, but at the same time, allows MirrorLink to work?

It's useless otherwise on Long trips as I know the battery won't last.

·
Registered
382 Posts
We use wireless charging in our 2015 tourings, and have no use for mirrorlink. We have brackets on the dash which hold the phone for nav use, and have built in wireless changing coils. In addition, we also have high speed chargers plugged into the cig lighter port in the hump, for the passenger. (most late 2014 and later Android phones support high speed and wireless charging, and Iphone X and newer will soon)

Mirrorlink may not do what you think, and is mostly useless in my opinion. It's only good with a couple very specific apps. Waze, on the other hand, is great; but only with the phone and the 2015/2016 vehicle. I far prefer it over the built in Honda NAV app.

On the 2017/2018, you can use Waze on the main screen. (via android auto or apple carplay)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts