Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USB drive plugged in all the time and I often listen to MP3s from it. I have a number of MP3 files in the root folder, and then a number of subfolders with MP3s in them.
Normally if I am listening to an MP3 when I shut off the car, upon restarting the car, it picks up right where it was (file and place in the file). However, once in about every 20 vehicle starts, it goes back to the root folder, track 1 and starts playing that song (and then goes in order from there, 2, 3 etc) - e.g. it loses it place and starts like it's a fresh drive.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had the same experience. There is a setting in the system menu called Memory Refresh that I have set to “on” that, as I recall, does a periodic memory/cache cleanup that I’ve suspected was the reason for this. Just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had a similar issue - it turned out that the USB key had degraded and was too slow to give its info to the radio computer so when it was seen, it appeared to be a fresh USB key. I copied the USB key to a new USB key and the problem went away.

The USB key gets pretty hot in the summer and cold in the winter - that can cause the error correction to be needed to correct the errors when the USB key is accessed - that slows the USB down and the computer thinks there is no USB plugged in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.