Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
2017 CR-V EX series 4, not the new one.
Stuck here in Portugal in lockdown and my USB sockets in the armrest have just failed whilst playing music. The lights on my USB sticks still glow, but the screen shows 'No Data' whatever stick I insert, in either socket. They all work fine on a computer.
Anyone come across this problem? Annoying as I make long journeys (not in lockdown of course) and need the ease of USB.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The Honda Radio only allows a short USB read time - if it is not read in time it is ignored.
As the USB flash drive heats up and cools down over time - it will take longer to be read.
I discovered that my USB flash drives are only good in the CR-V for about 18 months.
It read fine on the computer but not the CR-V - so I copy the old flash drive to a new one and the CR-V can see music again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks otto888man, I will try that today.
larryr, the failure was mid track whilst listening to music on the stick. I have tried several other USB sticks from the house that work fine, with no result.
kloker, thank you for moving this post to the correct forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts