Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a USB drive to play MP3 files on my CR-V. I noticed the filenames don't scroll on the main screen...they just get cutoff on the right side.
For example, if the filename is artist - song, it might display "John Q Music - This Song Is T" and then it's just cut off. I would have hoped (assumed) it would scroll the rest of the name or some how display the rest.
The center driver's screen is even shorter...it displays much less text.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not specifically tried the USB, but I am frustrated by the same thing when listening to SiriusXM. If anyone knows the trick to scrolling the titles, I would love to know. It seems like pretty basic UGI design practice to include scrolling. My Ford does.

This is my first Honda and I find some of their decisions unusual, like including so many options about locking and unlocking the doors that people are generally not interested in, but not letting us choose to keep the radio on when the car is turned off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, I agree that scrolling long titles and whatnot would be very nice to have, but they simply didn't do it that way. Oh well.

As far as leaving the radio on when you turn off the vehicle, I believe that if you leave the shift lever in gear while you turn off the engine, the radio will stay on. At least that's how some of my other vehicles with push-button start worked.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just a quick update. I tried turning the vehicle off while still in gear and it kept the stereo on, sort of. It continued to play until I shifted into Park at which point the radio shut off. So much for that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts