Status
Not open for further replies.

USB hub for 1.5A socket?

Tags
15a hub socket usb
10K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  garoto 
#1 ·
Hi
I had a usb hub lying around which I plugged into the 1.5A socket. I was thinking I would minimize the constant plugging in/out on that socket for Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto, as my wife and I have an iPhone and a Samsung. However, the system refused to recognize the hub and wouldn't even charge the phones, and forget about the carplay working. Has anyone tried using something else to avoid wear and tear on the in-built USB sockets?

#13 ·
Go to Honda's part department and purchase an additional two sockets. I guarantee you, you will not use either replacement socket ever.

You can also buy a lighting to usb-c adapter or lighting to micro-USB adapter add plug it in and out of the cable depending on what phone you're using. I'm sure neither the adaptor nor the cable will wear out in that area either but you can make it easier to swap phones his way than unplugging or plugging back in the USB cable.

If they ever wear out (which they won't) all that would've happened is that a couple of metal pieces inside the adaptor need to be pulled up 1mm or less to cause more resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.