Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

USB port location

455 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Wes Kootenay
I have an 07 EX-L with navigation, all factory equipment. I am trying to access the USB port that is in the upper glove box. I see no mention of the USB port or how to access it in the FSM. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
2009 CR-V EX-L (no NAVI)
Apparently, it depends on the year/model. Our '09 EX-L just has one in the centre console and one on the front console, nothing in either glove box that I can find. Ours are round 'cigarette lighter' style that require a USB adapter. We also have one on the left of the cargo area (after market?) - that I just found out doesn't work.

Registered
2007 EX-L 4wd, with navigation
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are talking about the power outlets. I have all 3 of those you mentioned. What I'm talking about is an actual factory USB port in the glove box. I see mention of it here and there but cannot find my own.

Registered
That USB port lets you plug in a USB stick with music on it or an iPod. I never used it, as my iPod is running custom firmware that isn't compatible with that interface, and in order to get a USB stick to work correctly the files have to be placed on it in the order you want them to display, which I never got around to doing. If you don't care about having neatly organized music (I do), you can format a USB stick to FAT, drop some Mp3 files on it (another reason I never used it; all my music is FLAC), and control the music with the touchscreen/steering wheel.

Relevant pages in the 2011 owners manual are 235-249. Tech reference guide pg 8.

Premium Member
2009 CR-V EX-L (no NAVI)
I believe you are talking about the power outlets. I have all 3 of those you mentioned. What I'm talking about is an actual factory USB port in the glove box. I see mention of it here and there but cannot find my own.
Ah, I see what you are saying now. :rolleyes:
Nothing in either of our glove boxes and no mention in our owner's manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts