Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 EX and I am struggling a bit with the music I have on a USB stick. The music is in mP3. I do have the music grouped in six folders but I can't get all of the titles to play in each folder. There are about 6-8 titles per folder.

Plug the USB stick in the computer and no problems.

What am I missing....

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
The firmware on these head units has limitations on the number of files it can read in each folder. It also needs a specific folder type and name type. I have no idea how you can find out what they are, but you can certainly experiment, based on how it is working now, to see if you can work around that. You might need a different folder system, if it just doesn't like that system, or the folder names, or? Try loading them all in one folder, or just put them on there with no folder, and see what happens. Is there any info on this in the owner's manual?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't recall if there is a limit to how many files a folder can store for playback so no help there.
But you don't say...how many files per folder?
Where do the mp3 files come from?...if from iTunes then you have to convert them again using file converting software to remove some file name info that prevents them from playing in vehicles, etc. but play perfectly in your computer...because the computer can read that file but the vehicle's player can't.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not sure about the 2017-2019 but the 2012 - 2016
255 root folders
no more than 255 each folder
no DCMA songs will play as head cannot validate rights
no folder or song title more than 64 characters including the .mp3

I recommend file folders call 00-99
put no more than 200 songs in each folder

this will allow for 6000 songs. 18000 minutes 300 hours of music.

The head plays them in the order that they are written to the USB memory stick.

I create folders 00 01 ... 99 then put 200 songs in folder 00 200 in folder 01 etc.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I did not get back to you guys...and wondered why I did not get any reply notifications..............Why would you have to subscribe to a thread that you started.

Anyways I downloaded all my tracks from YouTube with a mP3 converter. There are no more than 10 songs per folder and a total of seven folders. But on the car a folder could show only two songs and some folders could be missing two or three songs.

Thanks for the replies you have given me

Tom

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Tom, check your SETTINGS here to set NOTIFICATIONS OF REPLY to ON for subscribed threads.

Settings>My Settings>General Settings>My Account>General Settings>Default Thread Subscription Mode set to "Instantly, using Email"

Whew :Darn:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom, check your SETTINGS here to set NOTIFICATIONS OF REPLY to ON for subscribed threads.

Settings>My Settings>General Settings>My Account>General Settings>Default Thread Subscription Mode set to "Instantly, using Email"

Whew :Darn:

Yes I changed it............Thank You !! I would have thought that would have been a default.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts