Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

use break hold all the time?

Tags
break hold time
11K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jdcrv 
#1 ·
is there any reason not to keep the break hold on all the time? or are you just supposed to use it when your in stop and go traffic?

#7 ·
Break hold is a nice feature. Did make the mistake of thinking I engaged it one time at a stop. I pushed the button quickly and then I lifted my foot off the break, the car began to move forward, which surprised me.

This is more of a user error on my part. I guess I didn’t depress the button enough. I tried it again at the next stop and it was working fine. Now I check each time, to ensure that I see a visual indication that the break hold is active before I take my foot off the break.

Heck, I'm still getting use to not having to use keys to start the car. I sometimes reach into my pocket for my keys as I'm opening my door to get in to drive. Re-training driving habits of 50 years and learning new ones is an interesting process.

#8 ·
Still learning my new 2017 CRV Touring, and have a question on this "brake hold". My husband was driving it yesterday and we decided to try it. Pushed the button, and then when we started to drive again he said it felt like the brake was on. We pulled over and cancelled the whole thing but now I'm wondering if we engaged it wrong or if there is some sort of issue? The instructions in my printed manual seem to differ from the ones on the dvd.

#9 ·
Sounds like you accidentally pressed the parking brake? When you use brake hold you should not feel any brake resistance when you start to accelerate. There's really no way to "use it wrong". Once stopped, press 'brake hold' and lift foot off brake. Press gas pedal to resume driving. More than likely you hit parking brake.

#12 ·
Be careful using this feature when parking in tight spaces such as a garage.
We tried it once, when we got home and tried to inch further into the garage we found out that it doesn’t inch, it foots. Thankfully we weren’t closer to the wall. We haven’t used it since.

#13 ·
This is wrong in the manual it says it uses ur rear breaks even after u release the breaks. Got civic and makes it take corner better. Maintaines rear break hold even after brake pedal is released. Unless my car is driving different on it own when I put break hold on. I'm pretty sure it is what is doing it. Turn it on while ur on highway and see 44k miles not one issue got it a 8 miles

#16 ·
Yeah I don't use it daily but if I'm doing a lot of around town driving I will. Nice for hills and many traffic lights. It is easy to forget sometimes and you think you have it engaged when you don't. Good way to check your reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.