Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here. I have a 2016 CR-V EX. I'm looking to replace the factory radio at some point, just don't have the cash for it right now, and I'm about to take a 2 week long journey across the US and back.

My question here is if anyone has been able to grab the touchscreen inputs on the radio and pass them to something else like a PC? I know that the radio can report back the touch screen inputs over USB as it does when you're using MirrorLink, however MirrorLink is complete trash and non of the hacks to make it not trash seem to work anymore.

What I do have is a Intel Compute Stick which fits nicely in the center console pocket while connected to the hdmi input, however it'd be great to be able to also use the radio's touchscreen with it. I was thinking maybe there was some driver or app that could be installed on the compute stick that lets it grab the touch inputs if it is also connected over USB like your phone would normally be? I'll try this weekend or something to see what happens if I plug this compute stick into the radios USB ports directly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts